The day is half over already, but sickness has entered our home. My DP is more than under the weather. Thank goodness it is spring break, which means no work to miss.
This is the first chance I've had to sit down and compose my scattered thoughts.
We had a marvelous visit with my precious MIL. She is always a bright spot, and this time was no exception. I thoroughly enjoy her company. God has used her in a myriad of ways to fill voids in my life that no one else could fill.
My thanks tank today has been filled by her visit of the past few days. Here goes the list:
1. Humor: Laughing truly is like a dose of medicine. We laughed uproariously together over her four days with us.
2. Shopping: Though I balk at dragging around the mall with her and my daughters, the "girl time" is memorable and always good for some silliness as we get slap-happy toward the end of such excursions.
3. Georgia Aquarium: This field trip yielded many reasons for gratitude. Following are just a couple (more in later posts):
4. God's beauty: I was reminded over and over of the creativity of this Creator of our universe. How incredibly His creations are adorned!
5. Color: God could have chosen for our world to be black and white. Yet He gave us colors, boundless colors to enjoy every day. I especially love these!
6. Spring Break: Having my DP home for a whole week without schedules, school, or obligations is pure bliss. I'm sad he is sick now, but I am grateful he has time to rest and recuperate without the responsibilities of work looming over him.
7. Camping: Hopefully DP will feel better tomorrow, and we can go to a nearby state park to enjoy more of God's creation up close and personal.
8. Blogging Friends: I want to give a big "thanks y'all" to all of you who have followed me here to my new home, as well as to those of you new friends who have commented via Shannon's link of love the other day.
9. Truth that makes me smile:
"Know-it-alls don't like being told what to do; ( I hope I never fall into this category)
they avoid the company of wise men and women.
"A cheerful heart brings a smile to your face;
a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day." Proverbs 15:12-13
***10. Freedom: To make choices. To live without fear of condemnation. Yet, to know better than to cause others to stumble. I stand corrected on being thankful for margaritas and wish I knew who to thank in this "breath".
By the way, in the future -- if you'd like to leave constructive criticism in the comments of this site, please use your name. If you'd like to know more of an explanation, please give me a way to respond to you personally as I think that would be a better forum for your questions and my discussion on the topic.
So, what fills your tank today? How has God made Himself present and alive in your day, week, life? Let me know in the comments or take it to your own site. I'd love to read about how God shows up and changes your life!