Thursday, November 8, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #80

Somehow I feel like the speed has been turned up, and I am being dragged along with it.

Now that the preparations for the upcoming holidays are in full swing all over every place my eye rests, I feel some inner need to join in the frantic pressing on to do more, have more, make more, be more.

"Halt!" I must scream to myself.

I must remember that the first season's focus is thanksgiving. The second is actually more of thanksgiving mixed with a large dollop of celebration. I can hardly begin to focus on the thanksgiving if I am carrying on willy-nilly with a frazzled and wild-eyed gaze at all the lists and "to do's" I have set for myself.

So, on that note, I set aside time today and every day to intentionally be grateful and filled up to the top with thanks to my Heavenly Father for all He has done and continues to do in my life.

Here's how He's been filling my tank these past days. I am thankful for:

1. Wisdom: I am slowly learning I cannot do it all. I can only do what God has given me strength and energy to do. The rest either needs to be left undone or finished by someone other than me. That is NOT a bad thing.

2. Phone Calls from Far Away: I got a call this morning from my best friend in the whole world, and though it was not all sunshine and rainbows -- just sharing the needs we both have lightened our loads for the day. Thanks, sweetie!

3. Catalogs: I just love sitting and gazing at all the shiny pretties in the magazines full of holiday bounty that drop in my mailbox every day at this time of year.

4. Freedom: Can't tell you how freeing it is to just sign my name to everything I write now.

5. Epossomundas: This little guy has brought lots of laughter to our home the past couple days. I love these books and would highly recommend them for your young children and early readers.

6. Shopping: Especially shopping on someone else's dollar. My precious MIL called Monday and told me I needed to go get everyone a couple outfits for our Thanksgiving trip with her money. What a precious blessing -- just when I needed it.

7. Cold: I guess for the next few days we are past "free" weather, but what a joy it has been to need a sweater, put extra blankets on the bed, and wear winter slippers.

8. Early Nights: The time change has helped me to rise a little earlier, but it has also encouraged me to get in the bed a good bit sooner. I was in bed and ready to turn out the lights last night before 10pm. For those of you who know the regular night owl I am, this is amazing.

9. Fall Foliage: Finally, we are seeing some turning of the leaves here in our little area. I think I am more grateful for it this year, because it is not so widespread, and I am seeking it out more than in years past.

10. My DP: My darling prince (DP) of a husband is a true joy to my heart. He knows me so well, and I am incredibly grateful to the Lord for hand-picking him just for me. What a treasure.

So, you all know how this works, and if you're new here's the scoop. Several of us have Thursday Thanks Tank posts you can visit here, or here, or possibly even here.

If you'd like to do your own, please feel free to take the button and post it on your site. If you'd just like to share your own list of thanks in my comments, by all means, do that! I'd love to share in the joys of how God is choosing to fill your tank.

Have a great "thanks-filled" day!!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 11/08/2007 11:21:00 AM  
  9 came and visited



9 Comments:
At Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Great list of things you are thankful for!

 
At Thursday, November 08, 2007 2:13:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Again - better late than never! *wink* I really enjoyed your list this week, sweetie. Sounds like you are keeping your focus where it needs to be!

http://twolittlevikings.blogspot.com/2007/11/thursday-thanks-tank.html

 
At Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:05:00 PM, Blogger Carmom said...

I found you through Gravity of Motion. I liked this idea so much I started it too. It has been a blessing to my heart and soul to do this every week. Thank you.

www.carmom.blogspot.com

 
At Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:20:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Once again I am so blessed by your Thursday Thanks!!

I am thankful for YOU dear friend!! :-)

 
At Thursday, November 08, 2007 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Your Thursday Thanks is wonderful as ususal. Although being a night owl myself, early nights is not on my list. ;v)

 
At Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I've been visiting you for your inspiration for a few weeks now, and found Susanne through your post last week. You both inspired me tonight to grab the tank and post one of my own. Thanks to you! www.guidanceforvictory.wordpress.com

 
At Friday, November 09, 2007 2:13:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Pam- I loved your list. It is especially wonderful when one of your items (#1 Wisdom) ministers to my heart. I needed that reminder!

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Struggling Parents said...

Your blog is absolutely wonderful, great job !!!


http://moemarketing.blogspot.com/

 
At Friday, November 16, 2007 12:40:00 AM, Blogger onemotherslove said...

i wrote my first thank tank today! Thanks for the banner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Wordless Wednesday . . . Flowers from Daddy
    Sunday Scripture
    Fall Y'all Bloggy Giveaway Winners!
    Bloggy Giveaway Update
    I'm the Halloweenie, I Suppose
    A Dozen Years Ago + Thanks Tank #79
    Wordless Wednesday
    Dyson Pink -- Oh, Yes!!!
    Bloggy Giveaways, Guessing Games, and More
    Sunday Scripture

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: