She is witty. She is fun. She is a fabulous mom and grandmother. Morning Glory is not old enough to be my mom, yet she's lived enough life ahead of me to lead the way gracefully and with finesse. I like her a bunch, and I am grateful to have her on this path of faith a bit in front of me.
She has generously dubbed me a "Thinker" and has granted me the"Thinking Blogger Award". She got it from An Ordinary Mom, who says this means I know how to think and write in such a way that causes others to think. I'm incredibly humbled and extremely flattered. Anyway, the purpose of this award is to “Pay it Forward” to five other bloggers that inspire me and get me to thinking.
So, following Morning Glory's lead, here are my five picks and why they stir up the "fluff" in my Silly Old Bear's brain (in random order):
- Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer has been one of my favorites from the very first day I ventured outside of my own little, bitty blogging window to the world. She is fun, yet she is organized and helpful in the midst of all the chuckles she sends our way. She is the absolute guru of memes and probably never guessed in a million years what WFMW would do for her blog traffic. Way to go, girlie! I have laughed with this dear woman and cried right along with her, too. She makes me think just about daily: about being a better mommy, better wife, better friend, and most importantly the best lover of Jesus I can be.
- Momrn2 at My Quiet Corner has become one of my dearest friends here in this place we call the blogosphere. We comment. We email. We talk on the phone semi-regularly, yet never long enough. She inspires me and encourages me. She convicts me and points me back to Scripture through her posts. She is someone who I would regularly invite over for coffee if we lived close. She and I share many things in common, yet we are different enough to be interesting to the other. I am so thankful she and I have crossed paths in this forum. My hope is that we'll meet one day face-to-face.
- Kim at Lifesong shares my heart for adoption and finds herself fully in the midst of the waiting period to bring her sweet daughter, Lydia, home from China. Kim's posts regularly inspire me and bring me new perspective in my faith. I thoroughly enjoy her tips on homeschooling, raising four lovely and God-fearing children while patiently awaiting a fifth, being a Godly wife, and keeping an orderly home.
- Shalee keeps her diner hopping while serving up delicious morsels on a regular basis. She is spunky and most of her "entrees" come complete with a side of sassy that doesn't offend me at all. Just when you think you might never stop laughing at one of her tales, she comes up with something that stops you in your tracks and makes you ponder for a day, maybe two. I can only hope that someday God will see fit for me to hug my little firecracker friend around the neck.
- My other blogging buddy, Chilihead, has been making me laugh OUT LOUD for over a year now. She is a bonafide celebrity in our home, and her children's sweet faces grace our refrigerator. She is bawdy and loads of fun. I love hearing about her "Wild Thing" and "Max". She always enlightens me with new topics I've never experienced anywhere else. Many days I walk away scratching my head. Yet, I am thinking, definitely thinking. Most of all, I am devoted to making sure I someday see her without those glasses.
So, those are my five Award Winners. Your responsibility, if you choose to accept it is to take the little banner/award and "pay it forward" to the people who cause you to think. Let someone know that what they say day in and day out matters to you.
These lovely women have all said something that mattered to me.