Friday, November 9, 2007
Fearless Friday #22

No, I'm not actually moving again . . .

at least not any time in the near future . . .

I'm back in the study Overcoming Fear this week,

and the topic of discussion is how we react to moves or transitions in our lives.

The author addresses this concept as follows:

"Even little 'moves' in life, like the move to a new career or promotion at work, the move to a new, deeper level of friendship, or the move to a new responsibility at church can raise the question What's going to happen?

"Any transition -- no matter how big or small -- is usually accompanied by a fear of uncertainty. If left unchecked, that fear can take root in your life and eventually make you want to avoid change. You can become resistant to new things, and worse resistant to the change God wants to do in your life, family, or community."
So, what happens next? How can we overcome the "what ifs," the unknowns, the transitions in our lives that leave us unnerved and paralyzed at times?

First, remember that you are not the first person to have ever been called to something new without being given all the details ahead of time.

I take comfort in these stories of faith and find they didn't have all the details before they were called to move forward into obedience. They agreed to do what they were called, regardless of the circumstances they might face or uncertainty along the way.

The author wraps up this lesson by referring to the key verse for the week:

"When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2 (NIV)

She says this, and I so agree, "When fear about the 'what ifs' grips our hearts, God wants to move our focus from what could happen to what He can do.

"What 'move' is God nudging you toward right now in your own life? In your faith? In your family? In your work?" In your home? (italics mine)

I'll be sharing in the next week or so what nudging I've been feeling, but until then -- have a weekend filled by walking Without Fear.

On His Adventure~Pam

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 11/09/2007 10:53:00 AM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Friday, November 09, 2007 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

How right on... and how timely for me! Thank you for sharing this today!

 
At Friday, November 09, 2007 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Very good post. When I think of all I have not done because I was afraid, I just cringe. Even now, sometimes I think I just don't identify it as fear but that I'm comfortable where I'm at. Which if I dig deeper can very well be fear of moving on.

 
At Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Pam!

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

In my home without a shadow of a doubt. I am totally feeling that nudge. Now I am trying to listen and follow that still quiet voice. I look forward to what you are going to share.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #80
    Wordless Wednesday . . . Flowers from Daddy
    Sunday Scripture
    Fall Y'all Bloggy Giveaway Winners!
    Bloggy Giveaway Update
    I'm the Halloweenie, I Suppose
    A Dozen Years Ago + Thanks Tank #79
    Wordless Wednesday
    Dyson Pink -- Oh, Yes!!!
    Bloggy Giveaways, Guessing Games, and More

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: