Monday, July 30, 2007
New Week, New Attitude

Somehow the beginning of a school year ushers in new beginnings to all walks of life. In our little Peachy Keen Homeschool Academy school doesn't ever really end, so school is not "officially" beginning this week.

Yet, my DP is on his way out the door even as I type. Teachers report today. Students report to the new beginning Friday. There is a freshness, an anticipation that hangs in the very air around us.

Advertisements all around us proclaim the "BIGGEST Back -to-School" sales of the season!! New binders, folders, pencils, pens, and glue sticks are being purchased by the gross. Whether excitement or dread be the order of the day . . . a new beginning is upon us. We can't deny it any more than we can avoid January 1st on each year's calendar.

The new beginning around here is multi-fold. See, as well as embarking on a new school year, we are also in the midst of a time of changes for our church. We had an inspiring message from our interim pastor yesterday that left me with hope for my future as well as for the future of this church body. (I'm not just sayin' that because he now reads this little blog o' mine)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11
Again, in my time with my Lord this morning, I was reminded He has plans for me. He made me specifically for a relationship with Him. Stasi and John Eldredge put it this way in Captivating:

"Our God is a tenderhearted God who yearns for relationship with us. If you have any doubt about that, simply look at the message He sent us in Woman.

Amazing. Not only does God long for us, but He longs to be loved by us . . . He wants us to love Him. To seek Him with all our hearts."
So, today, as much as I am capable, I plan to seek Him with all my heart. I purpose to adore Him, to desire a relationship with Him and with those He's put in my path.

Today, that begins with my children, and they are calling . . . even as I type. I'm off!

Have a great day seeking relationship with Him! He longs to be loved by you, too!!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 7/30/2007 08:15:00 AM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Monday, July 30, 2007 8:25:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

What a really inspiring post, Peach. Thank you.

 
At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:12:00 AM, Blogger DeeDee said...

I love that! He does long to have a relationship with us and it seems that we are easily caught up in so many other things. All He wants is our attention and yet, we so easily give it away to the slightest of distractions. I am inspired! Thanks for the reminder!

 
At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Kathie said...

Great post. Full of inspiration and hope. Isn´t God wonderful?! Thanks for the uplifting start to my day. I´ll stop by again soon.
Blessings from Costa Rica

 
At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:56:00 PM, Blogger MamaTeeThree said...

I sent you an email with my address for the stamps I won. I hope it gets there! If it doesn't, please let me know.

 
At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:15:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Your words of wisdom have long, long been favorites of mine, too.

And this post is the perfect way to start a new week. I love new beginnings. I love it that we can approach every single new day as a new beginning. Beautiful post, Peach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Words of Wisdom
    WINNERS!!! This has been a fabulous week of visiti...
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #65 . . . and Winner #1
    Christmas In July -- Yes, Another Giveaway!
    The Giveaways Just Keep Coming!
    Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway
    Scripture Sunday
    Fun Free Music -- I won!
    Fearless Friday -- Stepping Out

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: