This week sure has been a whirlwind of activity around here.
So, I thought it appropriate to slow down and take time to re-direct my focus this morning. I need to remind myself of my priorities as I halt my frenetic pace of entering giveaways to be grateful for what I've been given.
This week I am thankful for:
1. My DP (Darling Prince): Though I have been acting like I am tired of having him home this summer (he's a teacher), I am really going to be sad to see him go back to work on Monday. He has pampered me, talked with me, and made me laugh more than I ever do when he's not here. He has also had the time to do fun "Daddy" dates with all of our children.
2. New Contacts/Potential Friends: This carnival that became Shannon's enormous brain child this week has "enlarged my bloggy borders" and helped me to see that I had barely scratched the surface of who could be a blogging friend. I look forward to coming back and visiting many of you after the carnival is over.
3. Peanut Butter and Jelly: I have made hundreds of these simple sandwiches over the past decade or so. Yet, I have rarely taken the opportunity to share in them. This week has been a re-discovery of a simple pleasure -- especially with homemade strawberry jam. Yum!
4. Crafting: I set myself up, but needing to have cards to give away has been a wonderful motivator for getting those creative juices flowing. I am having a blast making those cards.
5. Snuggles: I've chosen not to walk in the mornings this week, and I have been rewarded by lots of snuggles from the ones who usually sleep while I walk. Being the mama is grand!
6. Cooking: I know this seems silly, but I've not been doing much of it this summer. So last night's meal was a real treat. It wasn't anything special, but it turned out to be the best "homemade" pasta sauce we've had in months.
7. Healing: For those who have been praying, Sweetcheeks is on the homestretch of her injury. She is still wearing a brace for a couple weeks, but she's been released from physical therapy and has full motion in her wrist.
8. Playing: I'm not real good at remembering to play, but I look forward to going to the park with our kids today. Mamas need to play, too!
9. Storms: I love to hear the thunder crashing outside when I am all cozy and snug in my bed inside. I woke up this morning to the rumbling of thunder.
10. Sleeping in: Keeping our kids up late yields its own rewards. Everyone in our house slept in until 9 am today. How much more blessed can a girl get!
Now it's your turn! Comment on God's goodness here or take the Thanks tank button to your site and make your own list. Either way, I would love to be in on the way God is filling your tank!
Ok, business at hand! Ladies, we have a winner, and I couldn't keep the news a secret until tomorrow. The winner of the first set of 12 All Occasion cards is:
She doesn't have a blog, but I am headed to e-mail her right now!