I am thankful this week that:
- I am alive.
- I live in a home that is warm in winter, cool in summer, and keeps out the wind and rains (except for that six foot wet spot in my garage).
- I have my DP who dearly loves me, tells me so often, and carries the load even when I decide to check out.
- I have three wonderful, healthy, and wise children (sometimes wisecrackers, but always wise).
- I am both gifted as a singer and a writer, both of which God has me using currently. (though you can't hear me sing, you can read what I write . . . hee, hee.) You'll have to trust me on the singing part.
- I have several dear friends who know my heart and stick with me even on the not so thankful days. (Thanks, Kate)
- I have an incredible church that preaches God's truth, reaches out to the lost, and encourages the believers so that they may continue the ministry.
- I know my Savior loves me, even in my darkest times.
- I have come to realize though I thought I knew Him way back when, I will spend each day longing to know Him more.
- I have the freedom to homeschool my children.
- I have fibromyalgia, but it doesn't have me. No, it doesn't have me. It is not cancer, and it will not kill me. It cannot steal my joy forever.
- I can have a cup of chai just about any time, and it will most certainly warm me from within.
- I can paint my toenails red. I know this is tiny, but I get a "happy" when my nails are bright and pretty.
- I get to greet another morning in the quiet of my home, meeting with the God of the Universe. What better way to begin my day.
- I have been blessed with a free pet that has consumed my three sweeties' attention for hours. Her name is Trixie, and she is a box turtle we "rescued" yesterday from the street that enters our subdivision.
- I know that my Savior never gives up on me, even when I think I cannot move forward one more step -- 2 Corinthians 12:9,10.
- I have understanding friends who roll with the unforeseen changes that come about in my life.
- I have this place to unleash my creativity, express my gratitude, walk fearlessly, entertain friends, and strengthen my perspective of myself.
Now it's your turn! What makes you take notice of God's hand this week? Take it to your site with the little header. Direct me to your Thankful Thursday if you do that instead, or just leave me a comment. Share your joy and it will double. I'd love to hear how God is working in your life and your heart this week. Have a great day!