Monday, November 12, 2007
Christmas Shopping Carnival

I'm joining Melanie today in her carnival to get us all on track to make the best use of the next 42 days.

Yes, we only have 42 days to shop for that "perfect" gift for all the special someones in our lives!

I thought I'd put a little different twist on mine today.

I have fibromyalgia, and though I think I've maybe mentioned it twice in the two plus years that I've been blogging . . . I thought it might be interesting to see what kind of special gifts you can find for those who suffer from constant pain that won't kill them : )

Just try mentioning the word fibromyalgia in a group of women you spend time with on a regular basis. I guarantee you'll find at least one who either has it or knows someone close to them who does.

So many people consider this a "condition" that is all in your head or a "catch-all" for all the symptoms no one can explain.

I am here to tell you it is real. It is painful. It is robbing tons of women . . . and some men of a fully mobile and fully functional life.

Take a look at some of the links below and see if someone in your life who deals with daily pain can find encouragement and support in one of these gifts. Just the fact that you acknowledge what they have is real and want to help is huge. Go take a look!

The list of sites and places to find things to help is endless, but I thought these few links might help those of you to be aware of an area you might never have thought of before and bring a smile or a chuckle to the faces of those of you who share my daily pain.

Happy Shopping!! Now, go as quickly as you can over to Melanie's place at Don't Try This at Home to find tons of other gift ideas to stun and delight the ones you love (or those you just have to buy for at the holidays).

Sign up with her Mr. Linky and join in with a list of your own!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 11/12/2007 06:35:00 AM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Monday, November 12, 2007 9:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being open about this and opening up a new way I can pray for you today. Praying for a fabulous week for you and your kids.

 
At Monday, November 12, 2007 11:23:00 AM, Blogger LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Found you from the LPM blog and checked out your website.
I am responding because my youngest daughter (33) has been experiencing a lot of pain in her legs, feet, wrists and hands. They found her spleen was enlarged (not greatly), did a CT Scan, I'm thinking possibly for cancer which it found nothing (thank God) and they've tested her for Lupus which she does not have. But she continues to experience the pain...not every day but especailly when she seems stressed. I feel she may have fibromyalsia...she goes back to her doctor in a few weeks. She has not been tested for that and I'm not even certain there is such a test... but she does suffer from something! She also stays fatigued the majority of the time.
Blessings on you!
Beth

 
At Monday, November 12, 2007 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

Glad I visited! A good friend of mine was just diagnosed last spring with fibro. I was "diagnosed" with it as well in 2001 but it ended up actually being lyme disease!! So glad I read this because I can now tell my friend about that magazine you listed...I may even buy it for her xmas gift! thanks so much and Blessings to you...I will pray healing for you too!

 
At Monday, November 12, 2007 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

Thanks for the info about the magazine. I had not heard of this one. I was diagnosed in 1995.

 
At Monday, November 12, 2007 9:32:00 PM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

I love shopping, I will take a look!

I pray that you are relieved of the pain that you've felt and comforted by our precious Savior as you walk through this.

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:47:00 PM, Blogger Brittani said...

Thanks for your comment on my post yesterday! I just had a chance to get over here and read yours. You've added a unique perspective!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thank You All!
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday #22
    Thursday Thanks Tank #80
    Wordless Wednesday . . . Flowers from Daddy
    Sunday Scripture
    Fall Y'all Bloggy Giveaway Winners!
    Bloggy Giveaway Update
    I'm the Halloweenie, I Suppose
    A Dozen Years Ago + Thanks Tank #79

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: