Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Better and Worse
After several days of Sweetcheeks missing school and new symptoms on the rise, I finally broke down and took her and Libbyline both to the doctor last evening. We went to the local Urgent Care clinic, which is a hotbed of germage that made this mama want to bathe in Germ -X on our way out the door.

I told both girls during our 2 + hour wait that if we weren't sick when we arrived, we certainly would be before we left.

We see the doctor finally. He checks the ailments we've shared and comes up with a diagnosis: Strep throat -- for both girls + a little ear redness for Libbyline. So, we are looking at another day cooped up in the house, missing Bible study for the mama, and struggling with overall feeling crummy.

I just want to run away. Sickness is all around me and has taken up residence inside as well. I am doing a lot better with the spinning and the facial pressure. That is a blessing.

However, AFTER we returned from Urgent Care I began to feel excruciating ear pain, coupled with a sore throat. My right ear is completely stopped up, and while I can't hear out of it at all, I am treated to a giant whooshing sound every time I move my head the slightest.

I've now been up since 1:15 am and can't lay my head down without wanting to scream aloud. This is a sort of pain I've not experienced in a VERY long time. I have a renewed empathy for all those precious little babies who deal with ear infections and can't express clearly the level of pain they suffer. It is BAD!!!

I hate to ask DP to miss part of a day of work, but I don't know that I can make it without some relief from the doctor. Please pray I can get in and out today without consequence and that something will provide me the quick pain relief I must have in order to function and take care of the other two sick people in my house.

Think I'll head out to the kitchen and make myself a cup of something hot since I'm going to be up anyway. I'll be praying for you. Sure beats sitting here feeling sorry for myself.

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 2/26/2008 04:02:00 AM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Praying for all of you that the Lord's healing touch would settle on your home today!

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

You said the girls were checked. Were you checked, Pam? Because it sure sounds like you have the same thing and unless he gave you antibiotics too, well. Strep throat is awful. And I haven't had an earache since I was a child but that's the kind of pain you never forget.

Ugh. I hope you go right back and get yourself some intervention. And of course, I'll pray for you. I'll pray for all of you.

Hope your whole household is well again really soon.

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Oh Pam. I'm so sorry you guys are all being hit with this. Strep throat hurts bad enough with out having ear troubles to go along with it. Praying you'll get in to see that Doc right away and get a good dose antibiotics to clear that up!

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

What a rough night! I am praying for you today. I hope the ear pain subsides quickly. I am praying that you can get some pain relief and rest. Sending my love your way-

 
At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

And, it seems to just keep coming, huh? Hope you got in to see someone and are feeling better by the time you read this...

We're heading for round two here as well. Pojke is back to his bouncy self but Flicka came home from Grandma's early with a stomach ache and fever. *sigh*

Order up prayer for all of us! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    I'm Not Feeling So Good/Sunday Scripture
    Thursday Thanks Tank #92
    Wednesday Words
    Wordless Wednesday
    My Response . . . A Life Changed
    Love: What Better Way to Fill a Thanks Tank #91
    On Their Way
    Fearless Friday #24
    Thursday Thanks Tank #90
    Wednesday Words

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: