Thursday, February 21, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #92
A little late this morning, but Sweetcheeks and I have been hanging out, sharing a box of kleenex, alternating sniffles, playing Webkinz, eating delectable omelettes, and listening to this girlfriend -- one of our favorites -- Jesus, our Lord IS MARVELOUS!!!

Anyway, what week! Yesterday JD Green was also home, and the mama took extraordinary care of him so that he could hurry back to his teacher today. He was feeling a little too good by yesterday afternoon, and coupled with the mama's decline -- the daddy's homecoming could not have come soon enough. JD was eager to return to the land of school today -- tho' leaving his toys behind gave him a moment's pause (at least until I pressed him closer to the exit).

Enough rambling . . . let's get to the fillin' of that tank! Here's how God has filled me up in spite of the fountains of mucous this week:

1. Quiet Moments: Yes, those were found while everyone was engrossed with glazed eyes in front of a movie, but it was demand-free for about 119 minutes . . . woo hoo!

2. Fever: That stopped JD in his tracks Tuesday night for 3 1/2 hours. He lay down after returning from school and never stirred again until 8 pm. Now, I am not glad he was sick, but for him to rest in the middle of the day like that is a huge blessing. He needed the rest and got what he needed. God is good.

3. My New Paint Job: My parents were here last week, and my dad spent last Tuesday painting our room the very shade of blue of my sweater from yesterday's post. I love it and have dubbed it "bluebonnet" blue after one of my absolute favorite flowers.

4. Sweet Stuff: A couple of my recent indulgences = this and this. (Arriba, indeed!)

5. Sweet Fellowship: Had lunch with a dear friend (A) on Tuesday. What a treat in the middle of the week and shoring up of encouragement before the sickness hit with its full force.

6. New Sister: I didn't welcome her into the fold on her mama's blog the other day, so I thought I'd let her know how thrilled I really am right here. Welcome, dear, little sister!!

7. Cherry Limeade: Oh, to live in the place where they make it better than I've ever had it! I love me some Sonic! My precious DP went out special to get me a HUGE one last night, and it tasted fantastic on my scratchy throat.

8. My Man: You knew that was next, didn't you? He is a fabulous man and lives up to that DP each and every day in some way. He indulges my whims and takes such good care of me even when I'm looking more like this than his princess. I sure love you, Honey!

9. My New Washer: I know other mama's who have gotten new ones recently, and they have exuded boundless excitement over a household appliance. I am joining the cheering section! I got one of these last Monday, and I am beside myself with dizzying joy. I am actually ahead of my laundry schedule this week -- and that's after washing sheets and comforters yesterday! You know you are old when you find yourself giddy over a new appliance. I am giddy!

10. My Savior: Once again, He has sustained me. He has extended me grace abundant. He has poured out His extravagant love on me, and I have been able to share that with my family. Praise Him, O praise Him!

Now, you know what to do. Take the button from the top of this post to your site and create your own Thanks Tank, or leave me a list of how God is filling your tank in my comments. Either way, we get to share in the ways God is blessing and filling us up! How cool is that!

Have a Thanks-filled day!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 2/21/2008 11:04:00 AM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:30:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

A wonderful list!! Hope everyone is feeling better soon....

 
At Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:25:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, honey...I hope you are feeling on the mend by now. Just posted mine...again, better late than never! *wink*

http://twolittlevikings.blogspot.com/2008/02/thursday-thanks-tank_21.html

 
At Friday, February 22, 2008 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Such a nice list, Pam. You've had a great week, except for the bug. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

 
At Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

A great list! Sorry you've all been not feeling well. A new washer would definitely make me feel better. Missed the thanks tank this week as it was my oldest girls 18th birthday, so all my thanks would be to do with the wonderful 18 years we have had the privelage of having with her so far and for the wonderful young lady that she is turning out to be. Thankful for God's grace in her life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Wednesday Words
    Wordless Wednesday
    My Response . . . A Life Changed
    Love: What Better Way to Fill a Thanks Tank #91
    On Their Way
    Fearless Friday #24
    Thursday Thanks Tank #90
    Wednesday Words
    Fearless Friday #23
    Thursday Thanks Tank #89

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: