Thursday, February 7, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #90

Somehow I sit here with the keys feeling like they are sticking under my fingers this morning. Feeling like my desire to be thankful is caught in my throat. I feel beaten up and broken today, and I'm not really even sure why. At least not all of the "why."

We all have weeks when we walk intimately, closely with our Father. Weeks of hearing His voice, feeling His breath upon our cheeks and responding with whispered, sometimes shouted praises.

My week has NOT been one of those. I have grumbled. I have slugged my way through it. Not literally, of course. My fists have not been flailing -- at least not at anyone else but myself. I'm a one-woman wrecking crew when it comes to annihilating my own heart. I need no outside help to bring myself to my figurative knees.

So, rather than continue to effectively pummel myself into submission, I am choosing this very moment to take my eyes off myself and put them where they rightly belong . . . on my Savior, who came to rescue me, at times like this from my own hurtful behaviors.

Here are the ways God is filling my tank, even when I am fighting Him:

He reminds me I am His. (Isaiah 43:1 NIV)
He reminds me He desires me. (John 17:24 NKJV)
He assures me of His everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3 NIV)
He extends His forgiveness . . . again and again. (1 John 1:9 NIV)
He reminds me He is not finished with me. (Philippians 1:6 NIV)
He extends His promises to me. (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)
He carries me. This one gives me hope even after I quit using Loreal to cover them up. (Isaiah 46:4 NIV)
He holds me close. (Psalm 139: 9-10 NIV)
He doesn't condemn me. (Romans 8:1-2 NIV)
He is who He says He is. (Isaiah 43:10 NIV)

So, after this Bible study this morning, I am now ready to face my day with a thankful heart, knowing my God is all around me. His truth will resonate in my heart and carry me through whatever circumstances come my way.

I pray the same for you today, dear one, as you read this.

How is God filling your tank? Let me know in the comments or take the button to your site and make your own list. I'll come visit and share in the blessings and lessons you are learning!

Go now and have a thanks-filled day! I know I will!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 2/07/2008 08:49:00 AM  
  8 came and visited



8 Comments:
At Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:20:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, honey...have had TONS of those weeks. Sending you lots of virtual hugs (((((hugs)))))

Just posted mine for the week as well:
http://twolittlevikings.blogspot.com/2008/02/thursday-thanks-tank.html

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

I'm so glad I read this today. I can totally relate. I have had MANY weeks like what you are having....I love all the verses you have listed, too! May God richly bless you and surround you with His loving arms!

I'll get my list up sometime today...hopefully soon!

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:05:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Pam, I just wanted to remind you... that you are beautiful, you are a princess, you are created fearfully and wonderfully, you are loved, you are valued, you are important, you are talented, you are desired (by your DP, of course), and you are a wonderful mom and friend...

I love you, and wish I could give you a great big, breath-takingly tight hug right now! I have many many days like this... so I'll be praying for you today!

Love you, friend!

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:07:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Praying for you even now sweet friend! Hugs...

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I have been camping in Psalms 139 today (your "He holds me Close"). Thank you for all the scriptures! I have my Thankful list up (www.gravityofmotion.blogspot.com)

 
At Thursday, February 07, 2008 6:17:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Pam, I should have come here and read this first thing today. It really ministered. I'm very thankful you are vulnerable enough to post this as it touches a lot us. I finally have mine up too!

 
At Friday, February 08, 2008 8:41:00 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Thank you all for your kindness and your encouraging words!

What a blessing this bloggity world is!

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:54:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

A new mindset in Christ. Sometimes thats all it takes to change a cruddy day to one that praises our Father for everything in our lives.

You are such a beautiful soul, Pam. And I thank you for sharing yourself with us in such gorgeous ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Wednesday Words
    Fearless Friday #23
    Thursday Thanks Tank #89
    Wordless Wednesday (Sister Silliness)
    She Speaks, She Writes . . . She Wins
    Easy Tag + Giveaways Galore
    Thursday Thanks Tank #88
    To Honor Bronner is to Honor Jesus
    Wednesday Words
    Still . . .

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: