Friday, February 8, 2008
Fearless Friday #24

To be real honest, as I was growing up I never ever worried about report card day.

I was a geek.

I loved school.

I got all A's, just about all the time.

Now I am a mom.

I can't guarantee what my children will do when it comes to regurgitating material for a test or making the right choices in their conduct.

I must admit that these first progress reports after sending my children back into a public school setting had me a bit disconcerted.

No, that wouldn't be quite accurate.

I was fearful.

Fearful of how they would do.
Fearful of what others would think of my homeschooling.
Fearful that they hadn't learned anything with me in the two and a half years at home.
Fearful that I had "messed" up my children for the rest of their educational careers.

God, in His wisdom, had a friend call me last night.

She gently reminded me, and I am paraphrasing here . . . that I am not able to mess up my children. They are cared for and protected by the God of the Universe. How can I possibly have the power to mess them up when He is on board with them every. single. day?

I know I've shared this verse before, but I am reminded of it again this morning as I once again turn my children back over to the Father who loves them more than I could ever hope to love them:

"I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."
Philippians 1:5-6 (The Message)



By the way, each progress report was significantly better than I had anticipated.

This is so true:

FEAR = FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL


I plan to go about the rest of my day listening and reading TRUTH rather than being caught up with falsehoods from the father of lies! That's the first step to walking
WITHOUT FEAR.

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 2/08/2008 08:42:00 AM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Friday, February 08, 2008 10:03:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Praising God that He cares even about report cards and a mommy's heart!

Rest in Him today as your children continue to learn and finish what He started and you partnered with!

 
At Friday, February 08, 2008 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I enjoy reading your posts. I emailed you a devotional about replacing fear with faith. I applaud your focus on faith over fear.

 
At Friday, February 08, 2008 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

A big AMEN from here! *wink* While you are several years ahead of me on the parenting journey, I already know I could have written this post sometime in the not-to-distant future. Thanks for the reminder NOW that I also (despite the "mommy politics" and "mommy peer pressure" of the preschool set) that there is NO WAY for me to "mess up" my kids as long as we are all following the Great Teacher! (((hugs)))

 
At Monday, February 11, 2008 7:56:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

AMen Sister in Christ! This was great to read! I too sometimes have fear about the schools my children are in. BUT...I have to have the confidence that me and my husband DID hear from the Lord about where and how to educate our girls and I need to learn to rest in that and have faith that they will be a light to their peers and that the Lord would watch over them. and you know what? HE DOES!!

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:50:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Pam, now I understand why I love you so much: We're so much alike!

I know what you mean by these fears. Am I messing my children up by not using my teaching degree on them? Will they be able to withstand the pressures of school? Will I be able to help them with homework after all these years of being out of school?!

But what beautiful advice that came straight from God! He is in control and he'll fight for them, just as he fights for you.

Thank you for being so honest, yet again, about your struggles and your faith!

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:31:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Pam, this was so encouraging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #90
    Wednesday Words
    Fearless Friday #23
    Thursday Thanks Tank #89
    Wordless Wednesday (Sister Silliness)
    She Speaks, She Writes . . . She Wins
    Easy Tag + Giveaways Galore
    Thursday Thanks Tank #88
    To Honor Bronner is to Honor Jesus
    Wednesday Words

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: