Thursday, February 28, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #93

Trying to do this while making sure none of the side effects
of my ear infection/rupture get in my way.

We'll see how this goes. I am thankful this week for:

My DP, who is amazingly strong in the face of adversity (or in this case, the face of a wife in excruciating pain -- something he's really never seen in 14 years of marriage). He stepped up to the plate and cared for me tirelessly, all while missing an entire day's work and being Mr. Mom.

My dear MIL, who calls to check on me and can even make me laugh when I can barely lift my head from the pillow. How I love this woman!

My precious girls, who felt better yesterday, but still needed to stay home to fully recouperate, and did so while taking care of their sickly mama. Thanks for the yogurt, the soup, the smiles, the hugs, and for watching the movie right in here at the computer
with me so I didn't have to get out of bed.

You. Yes, thank you for even taking the time to stop by this old place anymore. Thank you for your prayers, your encouragement, your emails, and your care for me. I am thankful for your presence in my life and that God has chosen to use this forum to allow our paths to cross.

I'll let you decide how and where you post your thanks today. Unfortunately one of the side effects of this whole ordeal is constant drainage from my ear.
I am going back to lie down and try to recover a little more gracefully.

On His Adventure . . . even now~
Love Pam

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 2/28/2008 08:29:00 AM  
  7 came and visited



7 Comments:
At Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

It's very encouraging to see this post today, Pam. I hope it means you're feeling a little better.

Kudos to your husband and children for taking such good care of you.

 
At Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh Pam~
What a sweet list. You truly amaze me, as you are thankful so much even in the midst of not feeling well.

Know that I'm still praying friend. :-)

 
At Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:45:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Continuing to pray for complete healing!! Rest well friend!!

 
At Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:14:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, honey...I can't believe you are actually up and posting. Go lay down! *wink*

Glad to hear your list today...you are a blessing to all of us in the bloggy world too!

 
At Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:48:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Pam -- Hunter had a raging ear infection too... I feel like I've narrowly missed one (although I did have an upper resp infection and bronchitis)... fun, fun! With ear infections, I have heard that Baush & Lomb (Sp?) has a prescription drop that numbs the ear (glory, hallelujah!) so maybe you can call the doctor for some???

In the mean time, get a thin wash cloth, mound some raw rice into it,if you have any smell-good essential oils, place a few drops on top of the rice, tie it off, heat in microwave for 10 seconds, take it out, feel it, and if its not too steaming hot, place it over your ear.

It worked to soothe Hunter... however, nothing would touch his pain!! But prayer works!! I'll keep you in my prayers, friend...

 
At Friday, February 29, 2008 9:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pam, didn't realize you were sick too!!!! I just finished my antibiotics today for strep and an ear infection, and I am home from school with my daughter who is sick today.
Can't believe you had such a brutal ear infection....what a bumner!

I too found moments to be thankful even in my agony.....God is good even during the tough times. Glad you are starting to feel a bit better.
Praying you will be back to full mommy duties soon!!!!!!!!

 
At Monday, May 04, 2020 9:24:00 AM, Blogger Learn online said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are providing best roadrunner customer care support, roadrunner helpline, Contact roadrunner how to contact roadrunner Support

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Update from Pam's DP
    Better and Worse
    I'm Not Feeling So Good/Sunday Scripture
    Thursday Thanks Tank #92
    Wednesday Words
    Wordless Wednesday
    My Response . . . A Life Changed
    Love: What Better Way to Fill a Thanks Tank #91
    On Their Way
    Fearless Friday #24

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: