Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Yes, Brand Names Can Be Good

I'm one of those mamas that has turned to my local pharmacies and discount stores for less expensive versions of name brand products.

I especially do this in the medicinal arena. So, rather than tell my child to go get name brand "X", I'll say go get the anti-itch cream.

The other day one of my children was complaining of multi-site itching.

She was scratching uncontrollably, so I directed her to where I keep the tubes of assorted medicinal creams, naming it "anti-itch" cream. I was pretty sure I had some generic cortisone cream in the cubby in the bathroom.

She found it, applied it liberally, and then put it on the table next to me. I looked down, saw anti-itch cream in large black letters . . . then I read the small print in the upper right hand corner of the tube:

"compare to the active ingredients found in Vagisil"

I couldn't keep the smile from bursting on to my face but refused at that point to tell her what she'd just smeared all over her little 8 yr. old legs and arms.

Maybe we do need to buy a name brand here and there in order to prevent any further label confusion!

Labels:


  Pam fearlessly posted at 7/31/2007 03:14:00 PM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:13:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

No comment - big smile!

 
At Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:13:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I am giggling here.

blessings on your day

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:20:00 AM, Blogger T with Honey said...

That's just too funny! Sounds like something that could happen in my house.

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

hillarious!
it happened here with my 8 year old. i think i said something more like 'that tube is for mommy's' :)

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:04:00 AM, Blogger onemotherslove said...

How funny! Thanks for entering my Tag Blanket contest last week! Visit my new prayer blog if you have time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    New Week, New Attitude
    Words of Wisdom
    WINNERS!!! This has been a fabulous week of visiti...
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #65 . . . and Winner #1
    Christmas In July -- Yes, Another Giveaway!
    The Giveaways Just Keep Coming!
    Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway
    Scripture Sunday
    Fun Free Music -- I won!

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: