Friday, September 28, 2007
Fearless Friday #18
I thought I'd share with you the following fun fact (taken from The Book of Lists by David Wallechinsky and Amy Wallace):

The top ten human fears, in reverse order, are:

10. Dogs
9. Loneliness
8. Flying
7. Death
6. Sickness
5. Deep water
4. Financial problems
3. Insects and bugs
2. Heights
1. Speaking before a group

I don't have all of these fears. I'm sure many of you don't either. Yet, I nodded and agreed with several of them as I read down this list:

I guess what I am trying to communicate here is that we all share fears that can cripple us, render us immobile for a period of time, or crush us if we allow them to do so.

My prayer for all of us who share these common fears is that we take them to Jesus, leave them at His feet, and walk on throughout each day unencumbered by them. I pray we can live moment by moment "Without Fear" remembering the truth of God's Word:

"Don't be obsessed with getting more material things. Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you," we can boldly quote,

God is there, ready to help;
I'm fearless no matter what.
Who or what can get to me?"
Hebrews 13:5-6 (MSG)

FEAR=False Evidence Appearing Real

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 9/28/2007 08:03:00 AM  
  1 came and visited



1 Comments:
At Friday, September 28, 2007 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

love the post Peach. As always you make me think and that is a good thing for my heart. Have a blessed weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #74
    She's At Home
    Moment by Moment
    This is the Truth
    Wisdom for the Weekend
    Fearless Friday #17
    Thursday Thanks Tank #73
    Monk and Neagle's New Release Available TODAY
    Sunday Scripture and An Announcement
    Fearless Friday #16

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: