My heart has been heavy all week long. I have not risen above the funk in which I find myself, and yet I know that intentional thanks and gratitude is a pathway out of the funk.
So, out of obedience and a desire to see further than the step I'm currently on I choose to be thankful for:
1. My children: Though this has been a rough week emotionally for everyone, I am so grateful I have three healthy children. They eat, sleep, love, and learn here in my home. I am truly blessed.
2. Breathing: Allergy season is upon us, and with it comes a newfound appreciation for the simple ability to breathe in and out without difficulty.
3. Smiles: I am grateful for the ones I've received this week. They have gotten me through some dark moments and encouraged me to look outside of myself.
4. Card Making: This always encourages me as I can see how God has created me to be crafty.
5. Fresh Bedding: I washed comforters and quilts this week in hopes of cooler temperatures. The smell of fresh bedding can make me swoon. I thoroughly enjoy wrapping up in a warm blanket fresh from the dryer.
6. Swimming: My three are all taking swimming lessons at the Y here in town. What a nice respite in the middle of the day + bonus for the mama = I make friends with other homeschooling moms.
7. Community Theatre: "The Hobbit" is only one week away, and Libbyline, along with Sweetcheeks, are on the home stretch as far as rehearsals go. Dabbling in the dramatic has been fun, challenging, and an overall learning experience for all of us. I'll have to show photos once my dwarf and goblin are appropriately attired. Off to Middle Earth we go!
8. Exploring Interests: As homeschoolers we have the ability to delve into any topic that interests us and camp there for as long as the interest holds. Right now we are soaking up everything to do with Roman and Greek mythology.
9. Home Improvements: I got at it the other night and framed some photos that had been hiding in a folder in my garage for over a year. Using some creative matting and rubber stamping, I now can look around my house and see the fruits of many years of my love of taking photos.
10. God's love: I am grateful for His continual hand upon me.
1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
Now, you know how this works. Please leave your comments and let me know how God is filling your tank this week, or you can take the button to your site and make your own list. Have a thanks-filled week!