Other weeks are like this one. A week of struggles that brings me to a place of trying to eek out the drops of gratitude amidst the flood of things I'd just rather forget.
Here's my feeble attempt to recognize God's hand in a fog of gunk. This week I am thankful for:
1. Unexpected Mail: Just when we were wondering how we were going to make it through this month that has had far more month than money -- we received quite a surprise in the mail. God provides. He knows exactly what I need and when I need it.
2. Glimmers of Growth: My son is the consummate Peter Pan. He really has dug in his heels about growing up. He does not want to get older or be more mature. This week he's shown a couple of signs that he may be re-thinking his determined unwillingness to be a "big" boy.
3. Children's Ministry: We have a fabulous group of ladies, led by dear Amy, that serve the children at our church. The children sang this past Sunday in the service, and it was a blessing that continues to echo throughout my week.
4. Interest: Someone took the time this week to show interest in more than my standard answer of "fine". That meant the world, even if I didn't really take the time to be vulnerable. I will someday. Thanks for caring.
5. Shopping: My precious MIL(ove) called again to tell me to go shopping for my children. What a timely blessing! I don't even really care that she tells me where and when I should go in order to find the bargains. I got to go!
6. Cool Weather: Refreshing. Simply refreshing. I love this time of year.
7. A Sustaining Hand: At times through this past week I have wanted to fall into a heap and throw up my hands. Jesus has had His "sustaining hand" on me, and I have made it this far. I am certain He will not allow me to fall.
Well, the list is short, but I need to hit the ground running today and won't probably take a breath again before retiring tonight.
Take time today to be intentionally grateful. If you'd like to share those thoughts here, let me know in the comments. If you'd like to take my cute header to your place and start your own Thanks Tank -- go right ahead!! Have a thanks-filled day.