Thursday, September 20, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #73
I've been talking about gratitude being intentional for the past few weeks. Some weeks the thankfulness spills forth like a soaking rain after a parched summer day.

Other weeks are like this one. A week of struggles that brings me to a place of trying to eek out the drops of gratitude amidst the flood of things I'd just rather forget.

Here's my feeble attempt to recognize God's hand in a fog of gunk. This week I am thankful for:

1. Unexpected Mail: Just when we were wondering how we were going to make it through this month that has had far more month than money -- we received quite a surprise in the mail. God provides. He knows exactly what I need and when I need it.

2. Glimmers of Growth: My son is the consummate Peter Pan. He really has dug in his heels about growing up. He does not want to get older or be more mature. This week he's shown a couple of signs that he may be re-thinking his determined unwillingness to be a "big" boy.

3. Children's Ministry: We have a fabulous group of ladies, led by dear Amy, that serve the children at our church. The children sang this past Sunday in the service, and it was a blessing that continues to echo throughout my week.

4. Interest: Someone took the time this week to show interest in more than my standard answer of "fine". That meant the world, even if I didn't really take the time to be vulnerable. I will someday. Thanks for caring.

5. Shopping: My precious MIL(ove) called again to tell me to go shopping for my children. What a timely blessing! I don't even really care that she tells me where and when I should go in order to find the bargains. I got to go!

6. Cool Weather: Refreshing. Simply refreshing. I love this time of year.

7. A Sustaining Hand: At times through this past week I have wanted to fall into a heap and throw up my hands. Jesus has had His "sustaining hand" on me, and I have made it this far. I am certain He will not allow me to fall.

Well, the list is short, but I need to hit the ground running today and won't probably take a breath again before retiring tonight.

Take time today to be intentionally grateful. If you'd like to share those thoughts here, let me know in the comments. If you'd like to take my cute header to your place and start your own Thanks Tank -- go right ahead!! Have a thanks-filled day.

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 9/20/2007 11:37:00 AM  
  7 came and visited



7 Comments:
At Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:44:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Sorry I've been so absent from the bloggy world lately. Much going on inside this small household! LOL Just wanted you to know that I posted my list this morning: http://twolittlevikings.blogspot.com/2007/09/and-now-some-of-good-newsthursday.html

 
At Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I added my list today (www.gravityofmotion.blogspot.com). I was short on words today but still feeling quite thankful for the little things in life.

 
At Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so sweet! Thank you for saying such kind words about me! I love, love, love leading MPACT and prayZkidz! I also love when parents love what we do in prayZkidz. I am so thankful for parents like you who get why we do what we do! Thank you! I really needed this today, more than you know! With Love,
Amy Sullins

 
At Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:51:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I understand about those times when you have to be intentionally thankful. Your list shows you're seriously trying. :-)

And the remarks about your big, little boy made me smile.

 
At Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

A wonderful list. Had to smile at #2.

Mine is up.

 
At Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:19:00 PM, Blogger W. Mark Whitlock said...

I found this today on another I read from time to time. I hope this validates your Thanks Tank experience. You challenge me weekly.

It’s human nature to measure ourselves against those ahead of us on the social ladder.
Studies have shown that people care more about being richer than their friends than actually making more money. When you consider everything good in your life and compare it to the problems of less fortunate people, the issue that’s making you depressed won’t seem as serious.

 
At Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you and praying that God will continue to meet your needs! He's pretty awesome that way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Monk and Neagle's New Release Available TODAY
    Sunday Scripture and An Announcement
    Fearless Friday #16
    Thursday Thanks Tank #72
    Chores: More Like a Carnival . . . RIDE
    Wordless Wednesday -- Pow Wow
    The Fragility of Life . . . A Homecoming
    Weekend Wisdom
    Thursday Thanks Tank #71
    Works-For-Me Wednesday -- Brand Loyal Edition

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: