Monday, September 24, 2007
Moment by Moment

I know y'all don't come here to listen to me gripe or whine. I know you won't come back if I spend too much time bemoaning the place I find myself. So, I'm not going to drag on with a "woe is me" attitude.

I am trying to take today moment by moment, but I am so tired, so weary and weepy today.

The tears are threatening to spill over at every turn. I slept poorly and find the energy that soared over a very productive weekend to be utterly depleted as I begin a new week of homeschooling and the other tasks of life.

Visions of climbing back into bed revisit my thoughts over and over. Though I know that is wishful thinking with the three children I am entrusted to educate in some fashion today.

Yet, in the midst of my own weary journey I look out and about me. There I find others whose situations are polar different from mine. One in particular requires your attention.

Please pray for this precious family. I have been following them and praying diligently since the day before their sweet daughter, Copeland, arrived Sept. 18. Sarah shared their need for prayer, and I have been praying. I encourage you to do the same.

That's one thing I love about blogging and the availability of the internet. I cannot stay focused on myself for long. For when I get tunnel vision and begin to have a pity party, I need only look at this or this or this and be aware of how small I am and how big God is.

May we all remember His power and strength today. Please be praying, and if you think of it pray for me, too.

***FYI: If you haven't watched the video in yesterday's post, scroll on down now. Go on! It's a goodie : )

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 9/24/2007 10:24:00 AM  
  10 came and visited



10 Comments:
At Monday, September 24, 2007 4:17:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I've been praying for Copeland's parents, Peach. I can't imagine how they can bear this. And yes, when I start feeling sorry for myself, a quick trip around Bloggityville is usually all it takes to end my pity party. Even when I do have problems, they don't compare to the struggles people all around me are facing.

 
At Monday, September 24, 2007 6:32:00 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I am also praying for Boothe and Connor and their little ones. You are right. So many people need our prayers at the moment. You too, Peach.... I am praying for you as well. You are just as important, and it is ok to feel down.

 
At Monday, September 24, 2007 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Sometimes the needs really do seem overwhelming Peach, but we know that we have a big God. Your needs are important to Him too, so I'll be praying for you as well. Some days we really just need for Him to carry us through.

 
At Monday, September 24, 2007 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Yes, it is true...God wants us to look beyond ourselves and see the needs of others. I know when I do this, it takes the focus off of myself and onto others.

But, I am so thankful that God sees our needs and does not treat us as we deserve, but with mercy and grace.

I have these 2 verses plastered throughout my house right now:

And after you suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To Him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:10-11

This was a great reminder for me!
Thanks, Peach!

 
At Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:14:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

It is truly so sad to see the life of a child being slowly taken away, but I love that her parents are committed to praising God through it all. My problems aren't really problems at all when I put things into perspective.

I'm saying a prayer for you at this moment, Peach. God has just as many plans for you as he does for Copeland and her family.

 
At Tuesday, September 25, 2007 10:16:00 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Amen to that -- God IS big! Praying for you, my friend!!!

 
At Tuesday, September 25, 2007 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I prayed for you yesterday afternoon but I never got back around to commenting on the blog. My week last week was really rough and I was overwhelmed to start a new week. I could relate to your post and I was spent some time thinking about the sweet babies you mentioned. Then, yesterday when I was reading I found the following verses. They really helped me stop focusing on the negativity around me.
Here they are- I hope they encourage you today:
Psalm 143:4-5
So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed.
I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.

 
At Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

So true, Peach. It seems daily lately I'm running into people posting about others, asking for prayer for them, because of the dire needs they are facing. It does put things a bit in perspective when I'm having my pity parties.

 
At Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:48:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, sweet Peach. I'm sorry you are having a "blue" day. Sending lots of bloggy hugs your way. ~**~~**~~**~~**~~**

Perspective is a ruthless (but useful) teacher. Hang in there and hang on to His promises. This too shall pass.

 
At Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart has been heavy for this family all week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    This is the Truth
    Wisdom for the Weekend
    Fearless Friday #17
    Thursday Thanks Tank #73
    Monk and Neagle's New Release Available TODAY
    Sunday Scripture and An Announcement
    Fearless Friday #16
    Thursday Thanks Tank #72
    Chores: More Like a Carnival . . . RIDE
    Wordless Wednesday -- Pow Wow

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: