Thursday, September 13, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #72
I'm going to get right into the that filling up this week, because God has so abundantly blessed me that I can't hold back.

That doesn't mean my week has been bump-free, but I have seen Him at work. Here's how:

1. New Friend: A lady in our Sunday school class has reached out to me and to DP in a warm and loving way. We did something in return for her kindness, and now we're headed to her house for dinner on Sunday. What a blessing!

2. Closure: I've had an open wound in my heart for a couple of weeks, and it was good to have closure this week. Not necessarily in the way I would have liked, but I am accepting it as God's hand anyway. He knows what I need.

3. Cool Mornings: Ahhhhhhhh! How nice to be able to get back out and enjoy neighborhood walks with my children. I am drinking it all in, because fall can't be far behind this cool spell!

4. Aha Moments: I've been reading lots of posts by homeschooling moms recently, and I have found so much wisdom and encouragement to re-think some of my methods. I plan to inject more fun and joy into our schooling journey. It's so easy to fall back on the way I was schooled when I am stumped for ideas. I needn't do that anymore!

5. Routine: Sometimes a welcome comfort. I am enjoying the routine set before us right now.

6. Surprises: My dear MIL(ove) sent us this game this week as surprise for the kids. They loved it, and it's even gotten this mama up and dancing to earn my "cast cards."

7. Bargains: How I love a good bargain! We went to a local thrift store and found some wonderful things this week. The "goodie" of the day by far was one of these for a mere quarter. My children were beside themselves thrilled, which kind of made the $2.99 sleeping bag seem like an extravagance.

8. God's Word: How I love this book by Beth Moore. I am reading/praying through it right now, and it is touching my life in a myriad of ways.

9. Life: Amy's death this week helped to lend some much-needed perspective for me. I am grateful for another day to breathe without effort, to walk unassisted, and to hold close those I love dearly.

10. You: If you regularly read this blog, or if this is the first time you've stumbled by a place Without Fear, I am glad and grateful you've come.

May the Lord be at work filling up your tank today! If you want to take the button to your site and make your own list, please feel free!! If you want to leave me a comment on how God is choosing to fill your tank -- I'd love it!!

Have a great "thanks-filled" day of intentional gratefulness.

Labels: , , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 9/13/2007 12:11:00 AM  
  7 came and visited



7 Comments:
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Realizing I lurk too much at your site and I need to comment more.

You like the game, huh? I may have to break down and get it. I don't think my kids know it exists, but they do like the movies. :D

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:41:00 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Praise God for being able to be thankful! I've posted mine (at the bottom of a very long post!)...

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

I love reading your list. I can't believe you got that poodle for a quarter.

My list is up, too!

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

You are so sweet to be thankful for us- your readers. If you only knew how many times I have felt thankful for happening upon your Thanks Tanks thursdays. I have felt a renewed energy to be thankful all week long. Thank you!

I have posted my Thanks Tank list.

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I had some closure this week too, Peach. It does feel good. And I so agree with you about the cool mornings. And evenings!

Your "thanks" list is so nice. Isn't it amazing how much we're all going to miss Amy, even though we never actually met her? Such a sad, sad loss. But I'm happy for her. She fought so hard. And in the end, I think she won. I feel sad for her family but when I think of her, happy and healthy and running around in heaven, it makes me smile.

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

I love Thursdays at your place. Your thank tanks point my heart to where it should have been in the first place.

Making a new friend in real life is always an exciting and wonderful thing!

These cool morning have been a blessing - that fresh, clean feeling when I walk out the door. (It's the darkness at a time when it was light that I'm trying to get used to seeing...)

 
At Friday, September 14, 2007 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Linda said...

A lovley list Peach. It is a blessing to give thanks, and it's a blessing to hear other's thankful hearts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Chores: More Like a Carnival . . . RIDE
    Wordless Wednesday -- Pow Wow
    The Fragility of Life . . . A Homecoming
    Weekend Wisdom
    Thursday Thanks Tank #71
    Works-For-Me Wednesday -- Brand Loyal Edition
    My MIL (Mother-In Love) Says
    Sunday Scripture
    You've Got To See This . . . You've Got Gmail
    Fearless Friday #15

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: