That doesn't mean my week has been bump-free, but I have seen Him at work. Here's how:
1. New Friend: A lady in our Sunday school class has reached out to me and to DP in a warm and loving way. We did something in return for her kindness, and now we're headed to her house for dinner on Sunday. What a blessing!
2. Closure: I've had an open wound in my heart for a couple of weeks, and it was good to have closure this week. Not necessarily in the way I would have liked, but I am accepting it as God's hand anyway. He knows what I need.
3. Cool Mornings: Ahhhhhhhh! How nice to be able to get back out and enjoy neighborhood walks with my children. I am drinking it all in, because fall can't be far behind this cool spell!
4. Aha Moments: I've been reading lots of posts by homeschooling moms recently, and I have found so much wisdom and encouragement to re-think some of my methods. I plan to inject more fun and joy into our schooling journey. It's so easy to fall back on the way I was schooled when I am stumped for ideas. I needn't do that anymore!
5. Routine: Sometimes a welcome comfort. I am enjoying the routine set before us right now.
6. Surprises: My dear MIL(ove) sent us this game this week as surprise for the kids. They loved it, and it's even gotten this mama up and dancing to earn my "cast cards."
7. Bargains: How I love a good bargain! We went to a local thrift store and found some wonderful things this week. The "goodie" of the day by far was one of these for a mere quarter. My children were beside themselves thrilled, which kind of made the $2.99 sleeping bag seem like an extravagance.
8. God's Word: How I love this book by Beth Moore. I am reading/praying through it right now, and it is touching my life in a myriad of ways.
9. Life: Amy's death this week helped to lend some much-needed perspective for me. I am grateful for another day to breathe without effort, to walk unassisted, and to hold close those I love dearly.
10. You: If you regularly read this blog, or if this is the first time you've stumbled by a place Without Fear, I am glad and grateful you've come.
May the Lord be at work filling up your tank today! If you want to take the button to your site and make your own list, please feel free!! If you want to leave me a comment on how God is choosing to fill your tank -- I'd love it!!
Have a great "thanks-filled" day of intentional gratefulness.