Thursday, January 24, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #88

God taught me a new lesson this week.
He cannot begin to fill up my tank unless I am willing to empty myself first.

You know how you have times in your life when God takes His unseen hand and points everything in your life in the same direction so you can't possibly miss His lesson?

I've had one of those weeks.
It has been a week of humility, and with a surreal sound to my voice . . .
I am thankful for it.

Now, let's quickly define humility vs. humiliation:

humility: (according to Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary)
a prominent Christian grace (Rom. 12:3; 15:17, 18; 1 Cor. 3:5-7; 2 Cor. 3:5; Phil. 4:11-13). It is a state of mind well pleasing to God (1 Pet. 3:4); it preserves the soul in tranquillity (Ps. 69:32, 33), and makes us patient under trials (Job 1:22). Christ has set us an example of humility (Phil. 2:6-8). We should be led thereto by a remembrance of our sins (Lam. 3:39), and by the thought that it is the way to honour (Prov. 16:18), and that the greatest promises are made to the humble (Ps. 147:6; Isa. 57:15; 66:2; 1 Pet. 5:5). It is a "great paradox in Christianity that it makes humility the avenue to glory."

humiliation: (according to WordNet)
state of disgrace or loss of self-respect
strong feelings of embarrassment
an instance in which you are caused to lose your prestige or self-respect
depriving one of self-esteem



I guess the point I am trying to make is there are no similarities between true humility and humiliation. Being humble before the Lord takes nothing away from me. In numerous passages, too many to fathom, our Father in Heaven lists what He will do when we humble ourselves before Him. Following are just two that have touched my heart this week:

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."
James 4:10 (NIV)

"But You, O LORD, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head."
Psalm 3:3 (NKJV)
I truly emptied myself for what may have been the first time in my Christian walk yesterday, and God met me there on my face in a way I've never experienced. He has promised to lift my head, and I am so grateful to share that He does not disappoint. He fulfills His promises.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Now, for the way He chose to fill me up and lift my head:

1. Worship: Our worship leader had no way of knowing the song he began choir with last night is the very one God has not allowed to leave my brain or my heart all week. What a true blessing to hear those words again.

2. Reverence: I cannot express what time alone hushed in anticipation of His presence has done for my week.

3. Bible Study: The Word is alive, and I am glad it is active in my life.

4. Jesus: My best friend. He is revealing how He wants to truly be my all in all.

5. My family: After reading this and watching this (A Father's Heart) I have been conscious to hug a little longer and love a little deeper. Life is fragile.


That's the top five this week. There are more, but I know you have a life to live too.

So, now it's your turn. How is God filling your tank? Share it here in the comments or take the button to your own site and post your own intentional list of gratitude like these ladies do.

*** I keep forgetting this dear friend who has joined us too!


Have a thanks-filled day!

p.s. don't know why the rest of my post is in italics. couldn't get it fixed in blogger this morning.

Labels: , , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 1/24/2008 07:45:00 AM  
  11 came and visited



11 Comments:
At Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:39:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Such beautiful words packed with so much truth!

So thankful for the very words of God!

Also thankful He met with you in such a personal and powerful way this week!!

 
At Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:42:00 PM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

Beautiful words Pam!
I love it when God moves in a theme in our life don't you?!

Blessings,
Sue

 
At Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:41:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Music can sometimes move me so much! There have been many times that God has placed a song in my heart and mind and has ministered to me through it!

My Thurs Thanks Tank is up, too!

 
At Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:52:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

This is wonderful. I love how God gave us the gift of music to uplift us...He often uses music for me, too.
My Thanks Tank is finally posted...come on over for a visit if you have time!
Blessings to you and enjoy the rest of the week!

 
At Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:35:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Thank you for sharing the way the Lord is working in your heart Pam. I love the way He gently, but persistently teaches us the things He knows are for our good.

 
At Friday, January 25, 2008 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

"Being humble before the Lord takes nothing away from me."

What powerful words Pam. It really is a revelation when we realize the Lord, through true humility wants to lift us up, not humiliate us.

 
At Friday, January 25, 2008 7:39:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Sweetie - I'm sorry for whatever has been going on that's caused you grief this week but I'm glad that God's angels are around you "unknowingly" providing comfort.

Also, I apologize for not being more faithful lately with TTT. No excuse other than letting life get the better of me. I'll try to be better next week...promise!

(((hugs)))

 
At Friday, January 25, 2008 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful testimony on how God is impacting your life. Your TTT list is so uplifting, too!

 
At Friday, January 25, 2008 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Some wonderful things to think on today! Thanks, friend!

 
At Friday, January 25, 2008 6:00:00 PM, Blogger Melissa in Mel's World said...

Pam, this is my first time coming over to visit your blog and I must say that I am SO GLAD that I did.

I love when God hits us from so many different angles...it is confirmation of the message that He is trying to tell us.

Thanks for the words on Humility and Humiliation!!!

Take Care,
Melissa

 
At Saturday, January 26, 2008 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Lovely post. I can't wait to hear what God is going to do for and with you! You are always so encouraging.

BTW, I tagged you with something fun and easy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    To Honor Bronner is to Honor Jesus
    Wednesday Words
    Still . . .
    Unrealistic Expectations?
    Where Do They All Go?
    Thursday Thanks Tank #87
    Guess What We're Hoping For?
    Works-for-Me Wednesday
    Wordless Wednesday
    Fearless Friday

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: