Hard to fathom that it is Thursday already. The week has sped by on winged feet, it seems. I've been learning lots about myself, lots about my children, and lots about this school system to which I've entrusted my precious ones. God has not left me in the midst of any of it, so here are the ways He is choosing to fill my tank this week:
1. Auntie Pam: Yes, I became an aunt for the second time this week. My brother and his wife had a baby girl Tuesday in Ohio. She was 8lbs. 9 oz. and 19 1/2" long. She is doing quite well and will get to go home tomorrow when her mama is released due to a C-section. Her big brother is four, and he is completely enamored by his new baby sister.
2. Ear muffs: I got a pair of these for Christmas in '06, but I've only worn them twice. Last night, with all the cold and snow, I broke them out and donned them for the third time. Toasty, I tell you!
3. Lunch: I know it seems mundane, but not so when I had lunch at school for the very first time with JD Green. He had come under some heat for playing during lunch the day before, so we had to sit at a table all by ourselves. My heart went out to him as he passed by all his classmates and dutifully headed for the lone table facing the wall. Another little boy got sent over there while we were dining. After asking me tons of questions, he said wistfully, "My mama has never come to eat lunch with me. JD is really lucky." No, baby, I am the one who is blessed. every. single. day. So glad this boy is mine.
4. Exercising: It is making a difference, y'all! I know that sounds silly, but after finding myself sinking into that all-too-familiar black hole again, I am thrilled to report not only a change of shape from the sweating I'm doing . . . but also a change of mood. I can think more clearly and my attitude is better, too. Multiple benefits -- Woo hoo!!! Tony is the man!
5. Books: I've been to the library three times now since the kids went back to school, and I am having a blast. I picked up Ted Dekker's Heaven's Wager and finished it in three days. (I could have finished it quicker if I hadn't fallen asleep two different nights while reading, but I attribute that to my time with Tony during the day.) I love reading, and I am thrilled to have the time to soak in some good books right now. I picked up this one yesterday and plan to start it today or tomorrow.
6. Bible Study: I am beginning a study with Beth Moore next Tuesday. Yes, I wish I were headed to Houston every Tuesday to do Breaking Free with her group at her church, but I am going to be learning and fellowshipping with some lovely ladies from my own church.
We are doing Stepping Up: A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent, and I am SO excited. I've not done a Beth Moore study since Believing God in the Spring of '06, so it. is. time! Check out her blog sometime. She is doing a roll call right now and calling all "siestas" to come and let themselves be counted! It is so cool to see all these women around the world learning and growing together through these studies.
7. Quiet: I know I was thankful for this last week, but I am savoring it even more this week as I am getting more used to the quiet and finding myself less disconcerted over it. I am learning to listen for my Savior's voice and long for Him to speak to me in the midst of the stillness in my home.
8. Resources: There is a parent coordinator at the elementary school my children attend. She and I had a fabulous 2-hour talk on Tuesday. I was the only mama who showed up for PASS (Parents Assuring Student Success), so I had her undivided attention. She was a wealth of information, both academic and community related. I left with several phone numbers to contact and a cookbook. Plus, she is a believer and also has fibromyalgia, so we have that in common as well. What a helpful time!
9. God's provision: He continues to carry us through a month that is usually quite tight financially. I am so grateful for soups and casseroles that stretch our grocery budget.
10. God's Word: Here is our new verse to memorize this month as a family:
"The righteous should choose his friends carefully,
For the way of the wicked leads them astray. " Proverbs 12:26 (NKJV)
I love hiding God's Word in our hearts together, because then we can encourage one another with what we've learned when situations call for a Scripture we've committed to memory.
Well, y'all know what to do now.
Let me know how God is filling your tank, either by leaving a comment here or by letting me know you've snatched the button and made your own list at your place. I'd be all too happy to jump on over and read your list. It fills my tank to overflowing to read of how He's blessing you too.
So, go on . . . and don't forget to have a thanks-filled day!
On His Adventure~