Thursday, January 17, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #87

Hard to fathom that it is Thursday already. The week has sped by on winged feet, it seems. I've been learning lots about myself, lots about my children, and lots about this school system to which I've entrusted my precious ones. God has not left me in the midst of any of it, so here are the ways He is choosing to fill my tank this week:

1. Auntie Pam: Yes, I became an aunt for the second time this week. My brother and his wife had a baby girl Tuesday in Ohio. She was 8lbs. 9 oz. and 19 1/2" long. She is doing quite well and will get to go home tomorrow when her mama is released due to a C-section. Her big brother is four, and he is completely enamored by his new baby sister.

2. Ear muffs: I got a pair of these for Christmas in '06, but I've only worn them twice. Last night, with all the cold and snow, I broke them out and donned them for the third time. Toasty, I tell you!

3. Lunch: I know it seems mundane, but not so when I had lunch at school for the very first time with JD Green. He had come under some heat for playing during lunch the day before, so we had to sit at a table all by ourselves. My heart went out to him as he passed by all his classmates and dutifully headed for the lone table facing the wall. Another little boy got sent over there while we were dining. After asking me tons of questions, he said wistfully, "My mama has never come to eat lunch with me. JD is really lucky." No, baby, I am the one who is blessed. every. single. day. So glad this boy is mine.

4. Exercising: It is making a difference, y'all! I know that sounds silly, but after finding myself sinking into that all-too-familiar black hole again, I am thrilled to report not only a change of shape from the sweating I'm doing . . . but also a change of mood. I can think more clearly and my attitude is better, too. Multiple benefits -- Woo hoo!!! Tony is the man!

5. Books: I've been to the library three times now since the kids went back to school, and I am having a blast. I picked up Ted Dekker's Heaven's Wager and finished it in three days. (I could have finished it quicker if I hadn't fallen asleep two different nights while reading, but I attribute that to my time with Tony during the day.) I love reading, and I am thrilled to have the time to soak in some good books right now. I picked up this one yesterday and plan to start it today or tomorrow.

6. Bible Study: I am beginning a study with Beth Moore next Tuesday. Yes, I wish I were headed to Houston every Tuesday to do Breaking Free with her group at her church, but I am going to be learning and fellowshipping with some lovely ladies from my own church.

We are doing Stepping Up: A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent, and I am SO excited. I've not done a Beth Moore study since Believing God in the Spring of '06, so it. is. time! Check out her blog sometime. She is doing a roll call right now and calling all "siestas" to come and let themselves be counted! It is so cool to see all these women around the world learning and growing together through these studies.

7. Quiet: I know I was thankful for this last week, but I am savoring it even more this week as I am getting more used to the quiet and finding myself less disconcerted over it. I am learning to listen for my Savior's voice and long for Him to speak to me in the midst of the stillness in my home.

8. Resources: There is a parent coordinator at the elementary school my children attend. She and I had a fabulous 2-hour talk on Tuesday. I was the only mama who showed up for PASS (Parents Assuring Student Success), so I had her undivided attention. She was a wealth of information, both academic and community related. I left with several phone numbers to contact and a cookbook. Plus, she is a believer and also has fibromyalgia, so we have that in common as well. What a helpful time!

9. God's provision: He continues to carry us through a month that is usually quite tight financially. I am so grateful for soups and casseroles that stretch our grocery budget.

10. God's Word: Here is our new verse to memorize this month as a family:

"The righteous should choose his friends carefully,
For the way of the wicked leads them astray. " Proverbs 12:26 (NKJV)

I love hiding God's Word in our hearts together, because then we can encourage one another with what we've learned when situations call for a Scripture we've committed to memory.

Well, y'all know what to do now.

Let me know how God is filling your tank, either by leaving a comment here or by letting me know you've snatched the button and made your own list at your place. I'd be all too happy to jump on over and read your list. It fills my tank to overflowing to read of how He's blessing you too.

So, go on . . . and don't forget to have a thanks-filled day!

On His Adventure~


Pam

Labels: , , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 1/17/2008 08:53:00 AM  
  10 came and visited



10 Comments:
At Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Congratulations Auntie!

I can so relate that you are enjoying your quiet and solitude. It's amazing what that time does to build you up!

 
At Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:10:00 PM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Great post today!!!

I TOO love Beth Moore...and I wish I were participating in her new Bible Study too!!!

Today, I just picked up her 40 day devotional journal called: Get out of the pit...and I cannot wait to begin.

I too am heading to the gym...aka...my basement..I've been out of my workout routine for FAR too long...and I agree..it does affect ones mood/attitude.

Have a BLESSED day!

 
At Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:42:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

AMEN to number 9 and 10!! I'm right there with ya, sister!

And, mine is up ... finally.

 
At Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:32:00 PM, Blogger Ivy Vega from www.ivysmind.com said...

I am currently doing a book study from Beth Moore's newest addition, Get out of that Pit. Great book, I highly recommend it. Really nic eblog, I will surely stop by again.

Happy early weekend!.

 
At Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:53:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Oh, I love that you went to eat with JD... Perfect way to make a point with love!

 
At Friday, January 18, 2008 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Congratulations on your new little niece! Thanks for sharing from your heart. I especially appreciated you mentioning Bible memorization. I have been thinking about having a weekly Bible verse for the family. Thanks for the encouragement!

 
At Friday, January 18, 2008 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Tennessee Mama Duck said...

Pam, I just wanted you to know that I have been reading your blog off and on and keeping up with you guys too. You are on my heart right now as you send your 'babies' back to public school. My prayers are for both you and for them. I know the "issues" and heartaches (and quiet) that comes with it. You do adjust. It does take time. I love you all!

 
At Friday, January 18, 2008 1:48:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Congrats on #1! A new baby is ALWAYS encouraging!

#3 made me cry. Awww...I'd have scooped up BOTH boys and took 'em home! LOL

Re: #4: all I've got to say is YOU GO GIRL!!

And, you will HAVE to write a review for Kite Runner. I'm dying to know how it is.

I just got done reading the "ascents" this past weekend. I'm interested to hear about what you learn!

Your list is just jam packed this week, girlfriend! I'm so glad things are going well for you! (((hugs)))

 
At Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being a new Aunt. :)
Let me tell you #4 is the glue that seems to be at least holding me together through all this perimenopause fun times!

So you go girl!!

 
At Saturday, January 19, 2008 8:26:00 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Awesome list. Congrats on becoming an aunt!
I too will be an aunt again come early June! And I LOVE Beth Moore but haven't done an official Bible study of hers. I am happy for you too regarding the teachers at your school, the woman you met with, etc. I too try to stay very involved not just because I work for the district but because it is so important for Believers to be shining the light of Jesus in our public arenas. God bless you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Guess What We're Hoping For?
    Works-for-Me Wednesday
    Wordless Wednesday
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #86
    A Date With Tony and the Holiday Run Down
    God Winks. Yes, He Does
    I'm Still Standing . . .
    For Unto Us a Son is Born . . . and Belated Thursd...
    A Royal 14 Years Married to My Darling Prince

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: