Thursday, January 31, 2008
Thursday Thanks Tank #89
My week has been one of ups and downs and lots of introspection.

I'll spare you the details of the thoughts that crash wildly around in my grey matter and get on with the ways God has chosen to fill my tank this week:


Listening:
How precious it is to find someone who will just take the time to listen when the heart is bruised and in need of solace and understanding. Thanks, Honey!

Cuddles: My Sweetcheeks is not much for this at all, so when she came in yesterday morning from having a nightmare we had an unusual chance to snuggle up close and pray. I love tender moments like those!

Perspective:
I was having a bit of an emotional pity party yesterday, but as I take the time to be grateful on purpose -- how my little piddly sorrows diminish. God has blessed me abundantly, just as He promised in John 10:10.

Creative Cooking: I've always said I am the best cook when my pantry is the emptiest. We've eaten well and enjoyed it this week, all at the expense of a pantry at its most meager right before pay day. Thank you, Lord, for enabling me to cook regularly, even extravagantly without a recipe.

Pay Day: After a loooong month of January, the day of exchange is finally here. We will get to exchange my DP's pay for some paid bills and groceries. I am grateful. We made it!

Glory:
I see God's glory displayed everywhere I look: from the blustery breezes, to the majestic oak, to the bowed head of a fellow worshipper, to the crying child who needs a forever family. He has made it all. Glory be to Him alone!!

Smiles: Sometimes it can make all the difference in whether I feel welcome somewhere or not. It doesn't take long, and it reaps rewards long after it's finished.

Goals: I am finding I must set these and tell others of them in order to find accountability for myself and all my free time. Goals focus my mind and give purpose to my day.

Uneventful Days: After a really eventful one last Friday that I will one day use in a post, I have been thankful for days in which nothing outstanding occurs.

A Full Heart:
I am utterly grateful for my Jesus who makes this whole post possible. Without Him I am nothing, and this thanks tank is non-existent.

Now it's your turn! Comment on God's goodness here or take the Thanks tank button to your site and make your own list. Either way, I would love to be in on the way God is filling your tank!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 1/31/2008 09:11:00 AM  
  3 came and visited



3 Comments:
At Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Bless your sweet heart!!! I REALLY enjoyed reading your Thursday thanks Tank!!!

God is GOOD...all the time!! Blessings to you.

 
At Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Sorry I'm late...had to go tackle grocery shopping before our next snow storm hits! LOL I really like your list this week - way to find the blessings all around you, even in the challenges.

http://twolittlevikings.blogspot.com/2008/01/thursday-thanks-tank_31.html

 
At Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:16:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I am so happy to have posted my Thanks Tank on Gravity of Motionat a decent time (not right before bed at 11 p.m.). I am also SO thrilled that 2 of my friends have taken to participating in the Thursday Thanks Tank (Kim at Hazy Views and Carmen at Carmom)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Wordless Wednesday (Sister Silliness)
    She Speaks, She Writes . . . She Wins
    Easy Tag + Giveaways Galore
    Thursday Thanks Tank #88
    To Honor Bronner is to Honor Jesus
    Wednesday Words
    Still . . .
    Unrealistic Expectations?
    Where Do They All Go?
    Thursday Thanks Tank #87

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: