Friday, February 1, 2008
Fearless Friday #23

I love the ocean. I love its majesty. I love that it is ever-changing, yet ever so predictable. The tides rise and fall. The waves crash on the shore and leave it changed. To me, there is no greater example of the presence of God than at the beach.

Peace washes over me when I am in the presence of the ocean.

I've seen the ocean calm and almost placid in nature. Security wraps me in its embrace as my Father calms my soul. I enjoy this time. Yet, this time at the ocean is not necessarily my favorite.

Instead, I've ventured near the ocean in the midst of an oncoming hurricane. Awe-inspiring and wildly engaging, as the hand of God reminds me how small I am in light of His powerful creation. For a moment I could understand those who seek extreme sports in an effort to secure a momentary thrill.

I giggled like a young school girl as the salty spray and whirling sand stung my cheeks and found its way into my open grin. Not real tasty, but certainly unforgettable.

This image is emblazoned in my memory. Should I have been afraid in the face of a near certain disaster that sent many scrambling to batten down the hatches and flee for safety? Surely I should have exercised a bit of caution.

Yet, I am exhilarated, even in recall, as I think of the sheer power our God exudes with the breath of the wind at His command.

I give myself way too much credit if I think I can exercise even one iota of control over my own life. He is at the helm, and in His hands my life is secure. My future is certain, and I need not worry one moment over what will come next.

"Honor the wonderful name

of the LORD,

and worship the LORD

most holy and glorious. The voice of the LORD

echoes over the oceans.

The glorious LORD God

thunders

above the roar

of the raging sea,

and his voice is mighty

and marvelous."

Psalm 29:2-4 (CEV)

FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 2/01/2008 07:48:00 AM  
  8 came and visited



8 Comments:
At Friday, February 01, 2008 8:58:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a beautiful and fabulous reminder at just the perfect time for me! Thanks friend for reminding me I truly can be "without fear"!

 
At Friday, February 01, 2008 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What a beautiful post.

I LOVED what you said:
"I give myself way too much credit if I think I can exercise even one iota of control over my own life."

Very powerful....and something I need to continue to remind myself!!!

 
At Friday, February 01, 2008 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

What a wonderful post. And I love the acrostic for FEAR! I will now view the ocean a bit differently when we are at our beach house during a storm! Enjoy your Friday!

 
At Saturday, February 02, 2008 10:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the ocean also, and it always reminds me of God's beauty and power.
I went and found this post from my archives.....check out the You Tube video with it.

There is something about the ocean.........

 
At Monday, February 04, 2008 12:08:00 AM, Blogger Shari said...

I love the ocean, too - the smell, the sounds, the wind, the beauty. It's a wonderful feeling. Since I've never been to the southern states, I haven't experienced the ocean when a hurricane is coming. That must be something.

 
At Monday, February 04, 2008 2:38:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Pam, this was such a beautiful post! For me... nothing brings the presence of God to the forefront like gazing into his wild beauty ... whether it be mountains, hills, valleys, or ocean -- His image has a way of making a permanent mark in my brain!

 
At Monday, February 04, 2008 9:58:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

"The glorious Lord thunders above the roar of the raging sea" I love that.

 
At Tuesday, February 05, 2008 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

A beautiful and powerful post, Pam. It suddenly hit me that this is exactly why I am so drawn to the ocean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #89
    Wordless Wednesday (Sister Silliness)
    She Speaks, She Writes . . . She Wins
    Easy Tag + Giveaways Galore
    Thursday Thanks Tank #88
    To Honor Bronner is to Honor Jesus
    Wednesday Words
    Still . . .
    Unrealistic Expectations?
    Where Do They All Go?

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: