Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Works-For-Me Wednesday -- Brand Loyal Edition

Shannon is calling out all of us who are loyal to some sort of brand name product, so I thought I'd join in and share those items I just cannot do without. I don't have too many, but I am absolutely unwavering in the ones below:

Dr. Pepper: There is no other, so don't offer me Mr. Pibb or Diet Dr. Pepper. I only drink the real thing, and I sometimes like it on Blue Bell homemade vanilla for the most fabulous float you'll ever taste.

Miracle Whip: No, it is not the same as mayonnaise, but that's what it has always served as ever since I was a wee Peach. I use it instead of good old Hellman's in just about everything that calls for mayo. To me, it just tastes better.

Secret: No, I'm not trying to keep anything from you . . . but odor. I will not use any other kind of deoderant, though I did just change scents because I could not resist having my armpits smell like one of my favorite drinks -- who comes up with vanilla chai as an antiperspirant scent any way? It is Secret all the way for me!

Scotch brand tape: I've tried other generic transparent tape, but none of it works as well and keeps me from digging it off the roll like Scotch.

Cetaphil: I am a girl with sensitive skin (think Peach), so I go all out and buy the humongous jar of Cetaphil moisturizer for sensitive skin at Sam's every 6-9 months. It lasts at least that long and figures out to about pennies per application.

I know I have others, but I buy store brand or generic for most things. These will have to do for now. Have a great day and don't forget to check out all the other posts on Brand Loyalty at Shannon's today.

**** Please scroll on down when you're done, because you don't want to miss the funnies my MIL says! She's a hoot!

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 9/05/2007 07:11:00 AM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Should I be shocked that even our name brands are the same?? I think not! ;-)

Miracle whip: check

Secret: check

Cetaphil: check (Although I have only used their cleanswer. I will definately have to check out the moisturizer!!)

I read the MIL sayings... very funny! Rejoicing with you that she is a part of your life!

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Scotch tape! Of course! I knew there was ones I was missing on my list. I'm so with you on that one!

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Rocks In My Dryer said...

Ooooo, I'm a Miracle Whip girl, too!

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I'm with you on the Miracle Whip. I'd never even think about buying anything else because you just don't mess with mayonnaise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    My MIL (Mother-In Love) Says
    Sunday Scripture
    You've Got To See This . . . You've Got Gmail
    Fearless Friday #15
    Thursday Thanks Tank #70
    Wordless Wednesday
    First Annual Water Balloon Fight
    It's Monday, Isn't It
    Happy 9th Birthday Sweetcheeks
    Fearless Friday #14

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: