Thursday, August 30, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #70


Before heading to the filling station this morning, I have a couple of prayer requests to share:





Now on to filling up the tank. I am thankful this week for:

1. Hope: I have gotten a glimpse of the success the Lord wants to bring our way, and I have a death grip on that hope. The enemy doesn't have a chance!! We WILL be victorious this time!! I can feel it.

2. Shared success: A dear lady in our small group just got a job this week after we'd been praying for her to get one. I share in her success and benefit from seeing God's hand at work in her life.

3. Obedience: What a kick it is to realize how much smoother my life runs when my ear is attuned to the heart of my Lord. I am beginning to reap the benefits of being obedient to Him in areas of past disobedience.

4. Moments of Abandon: You saw the photos from the water balloon fight. That wouldn't have happened with my formerly uptight self.

5. Date Night: Actually the anticipation of a date tomorrow night with our small group. : ) We're getting a baby sitter for everybody's kids and heading over to have a game night at our pastor's house. Can't wait!!

6. Pay Day: After a loooong month of August, the day of exchange is finally here tomorrow. We will get to exchange my DP's pay for some paid bills and groceries. I am grateful.

7. Inspiration: I cannot tell you how many times I am downcast within my soul and go to visit Heather, only to leave inspired and encouraged as she so valiantly walks through this journey of cancer that is her life right now.

8. Truth: I have been struggling this week with hearing lies. God gave me these verses to fight those lies this week:

"Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear:
Forget your people and your father's house.

The king is enthralled by your beauty;
honor him, for he is your lord." Psalm 45:10, 11 (NIV)
9. Forgiveness: My husband reminded me this week that "bitterness is a poison you swallow hoping your enemy will die." Rather than wishing ill on those who have hurt me, I am choosing to forgive and try to move on from the pain inflicted.

10. Iced Tea with a twist: I love Celestial Seasonings teas. I had the thrill of touring their headquarters several years ago on a jaunt to visit a friend who lives near their Boulder warehouse. This week I tried one of my new favorites that I've enjoyed hot as an iced tea. Blueberry Breeze Green Tea with a little lemon is awesome iced!

So, now it's your turn! Head on over to the comments and let me know how God is choosing to fill your tank this week. OR . . . you can take my cute Thanks Tank button to your blog and set up your own list of intentional gratefulness.

Over a year and a half ago this simple choice to be intentionally grateful has changed the look of my weeks. I will never be the same. I pray that intentional gratitude will make a change for you as well.

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 8/30/2007 10:34:00 AM  
  7 came and visited



7 Comments:
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

As always... blessed and challenged by these reminders to be "intentionally thankful"! :-)

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:26:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Good words, as usual. I've been reading about Heather since her surgery and she inspires me daily.

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:46:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Praying for ya, sweetie. What a wonderful list this week!

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I am thankful for your list Peach. It was just full of things that encouraged me and blessed me.
I'll be praying for you guys and I pray that DP is over that cold very soon.

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:33:00 PM, Blogger Especially Heather said...

Aww, I am glad that I have blessed you!
-H

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:44:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Great to read your thanks as usual. And I totally agree with you about visiting Heather.

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:06:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

What a wonderful list! I will pray tonight for your husband and for your attention to your budget. I will also pray that you are able to continue to pray together as a couple regularly (I know you mentioned your morning prayer times recently). Thank you for sharing so many things. Your list always makes me feel even more thankful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Wordless Wednesday
    First Annual Water Balloon Fight
    It's Monday, Isn't It
    Happy 9th Birthday Sweetcheeks
    Fearless Friday #14
    Thursday Thanks Tank #69
    His Other Hand
    Ok, So We Didn't Do Math Yesterday . . .
    Music Meme
    Fearless Friday #13

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: