Before heading to the filling station this morning, I have a couple of prayer requests to share:
- DP is home sick for the second day in a row with a nasty head cold. He is feeling crummy, and I can treat symptoms but not make him well. Pray that God will quickly heal his body.
- Pray for us as we try to work on a feasible budget for the month of September. I am already seeing how the enemy wants to sabotage our feeble attempts to do the right thing for once.
1. Hope: I have gotten a glimpse of the success the Lord wants to bring our way, and I have a death grip on that hope. The enemy doesn't have a chance!! We WILL be victorious this time!! I can feel it.
2. Shared success: A dear lady in our small group just got a job this week after we'd been praying for her to get one. I share in her success and benefit from seeing God's hand at work in her life.
3. Obedience: What a kick it is to realize how much smoother my life runs when my ear is attuned to the heart of my Lord. I am beginning to reap the benefits of being obedient to Him in areas of past disobedience.
4. Moments of Abandon: You saw the photos from the water balloon fight. That wouldn't have happened with my formerly uptight self.
5. Date Night: Actually the anticipation of a date tomorrow night with our small group. : ) We're getting a baby sitter for everybody's kids and heading over to have a game night at our pastor's house. Can't wait!!
6. Pay Day: After a loooong month of August, the day of exchange is finally here tomorrow. We will get to exchange my DP's pay for some paid bills and groceries. I am grateful.
7. Inspiration: I cannot tell you how many times I am downcast within my soul and go to visit Heather, only to leave inspired and encouraged as she so valiantly walks through this journey of cancer that is her life right now.
8. Truth: I have been struggling this week with hearing lies. God gave me these verses to fight those lies this week:
"Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear:9. Forgiveness: My husband reminded me this week that "bitterness is a poison you swallow hoping your enemy will die." Rather than wishing ill on those who have hurt me, I am choosing to forgive and try to move on from the pain inflicted.
Forget your people and your father's house.
The king is enthralled by your beauty;
honor him, for he is your lord." Psalm 45:10, 11 (NIV)
10. Iced Tea with a twist: I love Celestial Seasonings teas. I had the thrill of touring their headquarters several years ago on a jaunt to visit a friend who lives near their Boulder warehouse. This week I tried one of my new favorites that I've enjoyed hot as an iced tea. Blueberry Breeze Green Tea with a little lemon is awesome iced!
So, now it's your turn! Head on over to the comments and let me know how God is choosing to fill your tank this week. OR . . . you can take my cute Thanks Tank button to your blog and set up your own list of intentional gratefulness.
Over a year and a half ago this simple choice to be intentionally grateful has changed the look of my weeks. I will never be the same. I pray that intentional gratitude will make a change for you as well.