Saturday, August 25, 2007
Happy 9th Birthday Sweetcheeks


Sweetcheeks,

As the mama, I am finding it hard to believe you are already nine years old. It seems like just yesterday that I was waiting until the right day to get up and move from the forced bed rest the doctor prescribed to make sure you were born as healthy as possible.

You were in a hurry to get here, sweet girl, and you have been in a hurry ever since.

You wanted money in an "envewope" at two. Quite the money manager already.
You wanted to wear make up at three.
You wanted to get your ears pierced at four. We waited until you were seven.
You talked grown up from the very beginning. You never used one syllable of baby talk.
You talk about your plans for the future, and you think very deeply about subjects most nine year olds would skate by.

My prayer for you, my precious Sweetcheeks, is that this year you would slow down a little bit and continue to be a little girl for a little longer.

I love it that you still like to play with dolls.
I love it that you still like to listen to me read to you.
I love it that you still like to snuggle up next to me in the mornings when you are the first one up . . . again : )

I know you must grow up, and I want you to be a nine-year-old, but I just don't want either of us to miss what being nine can be at its very best.

So, Happy Birthday, dear Sweetcheeks! May your next year be full of your life verse, darling girl:

"Finally, brothers, (and sisters) whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

  Pam fearlessly posted at 8/25/2007 04:04:00 PM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Saturday, August 25, 2007 5:02:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Happy Birthday you sweet, darling, precious girl!!

 
At Saturday, August 25, 2007 7:07:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Congrats, Sweetcheeks! Have a blessed one! And, congrats to Mom as well! You are doing a great job!

 
At Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:54:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Happy Birthday to your darling girl!

She has changed so much since I first started reading your blog and seeing your pictures. She sounds very much like my 9-year-old granddaughter.

 
At Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:12:00 AM, Blogger Rocks In My Dryer said...

Happy birthday, sweet cheeks!

 
At Sunday, August 26, 2007 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Happy birthday to a sweet girl. Love the money in an envewope at age two. Too cute!

 
At Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! My own girl will be 9 in a few weeks, so I can relate to your post! Hope she had a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Fearless Friday #14
    Thursday Thanks Tank #69
    His Other Hand
    Ok, So We Didn't Do Math Yesterday . . .
    Music Meme
    Fearless Friday #13
    Thursday Thanks Tank #68
    Happy Birthday #2 O' Blog
    Women Of Faith -- Part One
    Fearless Friday #12

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: