Tuesday, September 4, 2007
My MIL (Mother-In Love) Says
Sometimes the funniest things happen when chatting with my dear mother -in love. She has been responsible for lots of my laughs over the years. Here are some of my favorites:

mesermized -- the word of our last visit.

This was her response to the Georgia Aquarium. Peach, it just left me "mesermized." Did it you? She realized early on that it was really mesmerized, but found it so much more fun to say "mesermized" that she kept it up and now we all say "mesermized". all. the. time.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

This one happened just the other day while talking with her on the phone. She seemed fine to be chatting away when all of a sudden she exclaims:

"Oh Lordy, I need to go. I think I'm burning my weenies!!"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Peach*, I just called to have you wish me a "Happy Birthday" since you hadn't called me yet today." (*She doesn't really call me, Peach, y'all know) In all reality it was probably about 8 am our time, but she gets up at 4, yes, a.m., every. single. day.

There's enough fodder there for another entire post, but I'll leave that for another time.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
One of her favorite euphemisms when talking about poor marital matches:

"Well, you know, Peach, she just drove her ducks to a poor pond. There's really no hope there, no hope a' tall!"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Peach, I just called because I think you need to go get you a little pick-me-up. Go use my card and get you about $100 worth of something that makes you feel good."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Did you know they make flavored creamers that just make your coffee taste exactly like a Snickers bar -- they're that good!"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*


She has used this one several times lately, which has prompted me to answer her, "Excitement Central, how can we spice up your life?"

"Peach . . . are you busy up there? (I guess I do live "up" when it comes to callin' from South Louisiana)

You know, I just called because I am bored here at work, and I already took my nap.(She really does get a chance to nap at work! She rests on one of the adjustment tables at the chiropractor's office where she works.) What have you got exciting going on around there? I need some juicy gossip or somethin' to get me through the afternoon here."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
"Peach, I want you to go get you some of those Crocs shoes. I got me some, and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Then, when you love them, tell everyone your MIL is the trend setter and told you all about them first. She did and I did. I really did.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

How I love this woman. I love her so much that I won't post the thing that makes me laugh even on the saddest day . . . a photo of her when we had the people at the Georgia Aquarium stop us and do an impromptu photo shoot. She doesn't do impromptu. She doesn't do photos. She ended up looking like a criminal from here. I say this with the utmost respect, but the shot was not one of her best days. She might have done better with a little more advanced warning -- like a week to prepare, but instead she was caught off guard, bless her heart.

My mother- in love is everything I never knew a mom could be. I am so grateful to the Lord for bringing her into my life. Thanks for the giggles, Mama!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 9/04/2007 10:34:00 PM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word! She sounds like a hoot! Lucky woman, you are. (Although, I'm pretty fond of my MIL too.)

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:48:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Oh, I truly enjoyed this. What a hoot.

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Peach, it sounds like you have a very special relationship! What a fun lady!

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:04:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Your mil sounds like the genuine article, Peach. We know we're truly blessed when we call our mother-in-law "Mama." I called mine Mom. She's been gone for four years now and I'll never ever stop missing her.

Yours is a treasure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Sunday Scripture
    You've Got To See This . . . You've Got Gmail
    Fearless Friday #15
    Thursday Thanks Tank #70
    Wordless Wednesday
    First Annual Water Balloon Fight
    It's Monday, Isn't It
    Happy 9th Birthday Sweetcheeks
    Fearless Friday #14
    Thursday Thanks Tank #69

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: