Monday, June 11, 2007
I Blog . . . Therefore I am . . . or Not!
Chilihead is hosting "Inquiring Minds Want to Know" Carnival. If you want to participate, go sign up on her Mr. Linky here!

Tell Your Blogging Story

How did you start blogging?
I started reading blogs right around the time we started thinking about homeschooling. I wanted to get other's opinions and expertise on the world of homeschooling, so I scavenged for any tidbits of info. I could find. I found a blog that encouraged me and bookmarked it. One day my DP was reading along with me and said, "You should start a blog. You have just as much to say as she does."

So, in August 2005, I started "Homeschooling in the Peach State", which then turned into "Peachy Keen Homeschooling," which morphed into "Just Peachy" when I quit blogging about homeschooling much at all. Then, back in March I decided to return from Typepad to free blogging and changed my focus again, marking the debut of "Without Fear".

Did you intend to be a blog with a following?

No, I never thought I'd have anyone read besides my husband and my best friend. That is all I had for about the first four months, then the "meetin'" started! I am thrilled with the friends I have made and the friendships renewed through this forum. I am blessed to have anyone who stops by read what I write. Yet, I hope it will remain a place for me to pour out my thoughts, my questions, and my musings.



What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?

I think if I had to narrow it down to one primary goal, I want those who come and read here to continually be reminded of God's blessings -- great or small. We all lead busy lives, and I pray my blog will call its readers to slow down for a moment and intentionally thank the One who gave it all. Those who comment on Thursday Thanks Tanks sure seem to understand and respond to that goal, so I would say God is successfully blessing my efforts.

A secondary, yet no less important goal is to keep my life verse and its message on the forefront of my reader's minds. God calls us to a life without fear, and I plan to encourage others as I walk my own fearless path.


Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?

Somewhat. My blog no longer centers on my homeschooling journey, but it is sprinkled throughout all I do. I found I am not always the "funny story" mom, but I am always a thankful one. So my posts reflect the areas of my strength and my own personal focus here at home.

What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?

I wish I'd been more aware of how much of an addiction this habit could become. Although I don't know that it would have made a difference. Blogging has taught me a ton about myself, my habits, my time management, my relationship development skills, and more than I can record here. I am glad to know what I do now. It has given me the wisdom to proceed more astutely from this place.

Do you make money with your blog?

No. Sure wish I did. It would maybe compensate for the time I spend here. I'd love to be invited to make money from BlogAds, too. I would also be up for reviewing products so I can try cool, new things, too.


Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?

My immediate family all know about it and read it regularly. My kids love being spotlighted for something they have done, funny or otherwise.

My folks and my brother do not choose to have access to the internet, so they have never read my blog at all. My mom appreciates all the prayer warriors I have met and will share prayer requests that I can tell my blogger friends : )


What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?

Be yourself! Find your own niche and write about the things you love. Don't try to duplicate what you determine is "popular" and go with that. Authenticity is what keeps readers coming back for more. (I guess that was four pieces . . .)

I am a better blogger now than I was in the beginning, simply because I have re-discovered my love for writing and reading. I no longer am concerned with the number of comments or whether people are telling anyone to come visit me. I participate when I can, and I enjoy it immensely when I do.

So, I do blog . . . I am . . . and I am happy. That's all I have to say about that.

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/11/2007 12:25:00 PM  
  12 came and visited



12 Comments:
At Monday, June 11, 2007 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Peach, I'd say that your goal of getting others to be thankful to God for the blessings/trials/people in our lives is quite successful. Those TTT remind me to STOP and to give glory where all the glory is due.

And I'm really glad you didn't quit!

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 2:40:00 PM, Blogger Chilihead said...

I have just loved getting to know you through your blog and e-mails. I agree with your kids: I love it when they're spotlighted! :)

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 4:19:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Enjoyed getting to know you. I love your life verse!

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 4:22:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Peach - you and your writings are one of the reasons I try to do this regularly and well.

You inspire me - to learn more about God, to be more thankful, to write well, and share what God's doing in my life and those around me.

You are one of the ones I wrote about in my "bloggy origins" story who has influenced me to become a stronger believer due to blogging!

So glad you've stuck around! (((hugs)))

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Nice to meet you! Its always interesting to see how similar we all are, and yet how differently we came to be in this blogging world.

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 6:48:00 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

I love this! It's so much fun reading how our blogs came to be and how they have changed...and I remember meeting you when things were "Just Peachy"!!

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 7:54:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I have always enjoyed your place regardless of the title or the focus.

Being here helps me to bring things into perspective, to help me remember to be thankful for the simplest things in life, and now a reminder to be... without fear through Christ!!

Thankful for you friend!!

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I am so glad to have "met" you Peach. I find your blog to be a place of blessing and encouragement. I appreciate the advice about managing time and not being so concerned about all the stats. I like the way God orchestrates our conversations and our times of sharing and our prayer and encouragement of one another. He seems to bring together "kindred spirits" - and I love it!!

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 8:35:00 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Found my way to you from Chilihead's carnival. I LOVE your header! What a great picture and verse. I love the goal of your blog. It's easy to overlook the many blessings in our lives. I'm going to have to stop back and check out your Thursday Thanks Tanks; you've got me curious.

Blessings~

 
At Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good goals. I believe blogging is the new homeschool support group.

Thanks for sharing.

 
At Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:42:00 PM, Blogger Barbara H. said...

I had been by your "Just Peachy" blog a few times -- it is nice to catch up with you again!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

 
At Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:09:00 PM, Blogger WendyDarling said...

I enjoyed reading your blog story very much. :-) Thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday -- What is FEAR?
    Reasons Why I love Him --He Fills My Tank
    I've Been At It Again!
    Lazy Days
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday: In Which I Prattle on About No Fear
    Thursday Thanks Tank #58
    Fearless Friday -- Truly WITHOUT Fear
    Thursday Thanks Tank #57

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: