Thursday, May 24, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #57
Okay, I guess I'm a bit out of practice after a month off. I suppose I can come up with at least ten things that just spill over my cup as I share my gratitude. Here goes . . . I'm thankful for:

1. Freedom: Both that of being an American and that of being a believer. I am so thankful for those who stand on the front lines daily and allow me the peace to go to sleep at night.

I am also ultimately grateful to my Lord Jesus who made it possible for me to live each and every moment I'm alive free from eternal separation from Him.

2. Breaks: How I needed this one, and I'll try to explain all I learned about myself in my time away . . . at some point. That would fill a pretty long post, so I'll save it for another day.

3. Change: Never did I ever think I'd put this in a list of thankfulness, but I am truly thankful for the changes in my life. At the same time I quit blogging, we also gave up our direcTV. Auggh! Talk about major changes in the house. We no longer get any reception whatsoever. We knew it was the right thing for our family, and we're not turning back. We have moved on "without fear", but at times the DP has not moved on without "regret." Prayers for the upcoming college football season would be most appreciated : )

4. Reading: I have read more than a dozen books in the past month, logging more than 5,000 pages. I have loved every minute of it!! That doesn't even count the children's books I've been reading each and every day as well. Amazing what you can accomplish without blogging and without TV. Interestingly enough tho', none of the books I finished were on my Spring reading list.

5. Scripture Memory: How this has changed our homeschooling this past month!! I decided we were in a slump, so I dropped just about every subject except Bible. My children are all eagerly hiding God's Word in their hearts and can now recite all four passages we've memorized in the past four weeks without more than one prompt ( and that is for my 7 yr. old alone.) My girls are doing them all cold without prompting at all.

6. Scripture Memory: Yes. Again. As the children memorize, so does the mama. That's great for everybody!!

7. Being Missed: Barb's comment the other day floored me and touched my heart. I'd been planning to rejoin the blogosphere sometime soon anyway, but her comment spurred me on to come back a little more quickly.

8. McDonald's Asian Salad: I think I am thankful for it because it gives me the chance to say edamame, and I totally love saying that word. It's really yummy, too.

9. Aha Moments: I've discovered wheat is an enemy in my diet. I gave up wheat about 10 days or so ago, and I am feeling SO much better. My pain has decreased some, which is a huge blessing. I'd appreciate anyone's input on wheat-free recipes or alternatives to using wheat.

10. My Family: God nudged me to quit blogging. Then He basically hit me over the head with His desire for me to stop. My family benefitted greatly from my time away more than I did.

I come back with the complete support of my DP. I am assured if this place begins taking up too much of my time again, he and the Holy Spirit will both be on my case to shine the light of truth on my errant ways.

So, I leave you with my tank brimming full of times of laughter, times of family togetherness that can't even begin to be explained, and with a heart that knows how this place needs to fit into the fabric of my life as a whole.

Have a great day looking for ways God is filling your tank. I'd love to hear how He's creatively putting things in your path to make His presence felt and known.

Labels:


  Pam fearlessly posted at 5/24/2007 12:44:00 AM  
  12 came and visited



12 Comments:
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:35:00 AM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

Good to hear from you again!
I pray that the Lord will help us all keep this life of blogging in balance.

God bless!
Sue

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I'm all giddy with excitement this morning. It all started when I saw you in my bloglines!!

I can't begin to tell you how much I have missed you!! I have thought about you daily but wanted to also give you the time you felt you needed.

I am so grateful you have decided to return, if it even turns out to be a weekly Thursday thanks tank!!

My friend, it's just the plain truth... it is always a joy and pleasure to hear from you!!!

I'll be continuing to pray for you and the family!!!

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

What a pleasnat surprise to see my Bloglines notifier saying you had posted! Wa-hoo! Glad to "see" ya' back!

You've been a blessing to me whether you are blogging or not...but THIS is MUCH better! *wink*

Have a great weekend!

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Chilihead said...

I'm thankful you're back! My bloglines completely lit up with your new post!

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Chilihead said...

That previous comment was from Chilihead, btw. Having some trouble logging in. :(

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

PEACH!! I loved reading about all of these positive changes in your life. I too have been feeling some similar nudges. What I really need is a big hit on the head to move forward. Pray for me! You have really encouraged me about it being "ok" to drop other subjects and concentrate on scripture memory and our children's hearts. This too has been nudging at me. I would love to meet you this summer if possible!

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Yay! You're doing well. And darn that wheat! And I really should give that McD salad a try. I've heard it's good, but whenever I go to McD, I want their french fries more than anything else.

I love you and your thankful self!

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:45:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I simply must stop and take the time to say it was wonderful to read your Thanks Tank today. I've missed you.

I'm "over and out" for a few days myself.

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:53:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I was so happy when I saw your post on my bloglines!!! Welcome back Peach. Your list is just wonderful. You certainly accomplished a lot in the time you were away. It just shows that we really do need to have a good balance with all of the things in our lives. I think I just gave myself a little "talking to".
I'm so glad you're back.

 
At Friday, May 25, 2007 12:07:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Well hello! I was so excited to see you up in bloglines. You have been very much missed.

It's amazing what some time away will bring into perspective. I loved your thanks. And oh my word, you gave up a double whammy didn't you! I applaud you! You made me laugh when you said not a book you read was on your spring list. That's just the way it goes sometimes, isn't it.

I found a recipe site once for gluten free. I gave it to Beck. I'll email and ask her if she still has it.

 
At Friday, May 25, 2007 9:04:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

It was me! I inspired you to come back! Hooray! I'll bet all of Bloggyville is thanking me. We missed you.

My sister has been telling me forever how good the Asian salad is and I've never tried it. There's obviously just something wrong with me.

Have you ever visited Janeen over at Our Story? Her younger son has serious food allergies and her site is a wealth of information about living gluten free. She posts recipes all the time.

It's so nice to have you back, Peach.

 
At Saturday, May 26, 2007 4:01:00 PM, Blogger Rmomof3 said...

We have missed you! I am sooo glad that you are back! I saw that you had posted elsewhere and I was like "WAIT.... it just said PEACH - but I thought she was gone!" - so I clicked and here you are! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

SWEEET BLESSINGS!

Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Walking Away
    Fearless Friday --I am NOT Afraid. Well, Maybe Not
    Prayer: It Can Change Everything
    For Heather . . .
    Fearless Friday -- In Which I Post a Quote about Fear
    Request, Update, and Thursday Thanks Tank #56
    I'd Be OK!
    Hallelujah! He is Risen!!!
    Waiting . . .
    Urgent Prayer Request

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: