Thursday, June 7, 2007
Reasons Why I love Him --He Fills My Tank
DP is 40 today! He has never made an appearance on my blog. Yet, I don't think he'll mind, since he's told me numerous times this is one of his favorite photos of him with our three sweeties.

Instead of a traditional Thanks Tank, I am going to give you some of the many reasons why I love my precious DP (Darling Prince):

1. He has always been my prince -- From the moment we first went out together, he has always treated me like a princess.

2. He has a fabulous voice -- This man can make my heart stop with the sound of his velvety, husky voice. Well, I'd better stop now before I reveal too much. Suffice it to say that he hears at least once per week how he should be in radio full time.

3. He takes care of me -- That hasn't stopped in the 13 years we've been together. He took care of me before we were even engaged, and he's been taking care of me and pampering me ever since. My man hates lotion, yet he will slather it on his hands and rub my feet. That's love!!

4. He loves our children and lets them know -- After growing up in a household in which I went without hearing my dad say "I love you" for 13 years, it makes my heart sing to hear my DP tell my children how much he loves them multiple times daily. Somehow it repairs those little holes left in my own heart to hear him so clearly and sincerely express his love for them.

5. He shares his parents with me -- His mama tells him she loves me best, and he takes it all in stride. He was adopted by his sweet parents at three months of age, and because they loved him so well he has no reason to be jealous or envious of the way his folks have expanded their love to include me and our children.

I am so glad these precious people gave my DP their home, their love, and their name. I proudly wear it and share it with my children. My son will carry it on to the next generation and just as proudly give it to his children. These wonderful people are leaving a legacy that will extend far beyond their short years on this earth. They model the kind of parent and grandparent I want to be. I will forever be grateful to them for their outpouring of love and the way they taught my darling husband to love.

6. He never tires of learning -- I need not think we will be old and gray, sitting in our rocking chairs and staring off into space. My DP will continue to keep me busy right to the grave with his ideas, sometimes great, sometimes kinda harebrained. He always is studying something new and increasing his learning. Maybe that's where I got the idea for our homeschool theme scripture:
"Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still;
teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

Proverbs 9:9-10
7. He is always ready for an adventure -- So many things I would have missed in this life if I hadn't been willing to go along for the ride. It started with jumping in the car when I was dating him so we could drive 25 miles to catch a beautiful sunset. He's been sharing gorgeous sunsets and all kinds of other lovely things with me for more than a decade now. I can't wait to see the next wonderful "site" he has to show me.

8. He challenges me to be better than I've been -- He will not allow me to be satisfied with the status quo. He won't let me get too far steeped in my own self-pity, guilt, or fear. He takes life by the horns most of the time and encourages me to do the same. I have more confidence than I ever would have by myself. I am far better than I'd ever have been without him, and you know me because of him (just a little preview of Monday's post).

9. He plays with me -- We are never sillier than when we are playing. We play board games. We play and love the same music. We act and use pretend voices and accents to make our children laugh -- so much so that they request that our alter egos/make believe personas make appearances occasionally. We have fun and act crazy together, and I love seeing him smile.

10. He's not ashamed or squeamish about being a Man's Man -- I am not married to a "metro" man. He doesn't use product or buff his nails. He doesn't need male make up or body butter. He is 100% pure, God created man. I am thrilled to be his wife and let him stand where God placed him -- at the head of my home! He doesn't go around singing hymns all the time, and he probably could bend a frying pan if he tried. I love this man, and I will shout to the mountaintops that I am glad he doesn't compromise who he is to be a little bit more like me.

11. He is my BEST FRIEND -- For those of you who have been around awhile, you have "met" my best "girlfriend." She has known me longer, that is for sure. She is celebrating a birthday today, too, and that was one of the coolest things when I fell in love with DP -- God knew my two favorite people would share the same birthday. She just happened to be a toddling one-year-old when DP appeared on the scene.

Yet, though ML has been around more than twice as long as DP, he knows the me no one else sees. He knows the me that cries at commercials (back when we had TV). He knows what makes me scared. He knows my little idiosyncrasies, my silly rituals, my favorites, and my insecurities.

I know no matter what time it is or what it is I want, he will always respond with, "Want me to go get you some?" As a matter of fact, he was out while I wrote this last night getting some more Salt and Vinegar Pringles so my kids don't find out I ate almost the whole can before they got any : ) How's that for love?

Anyway, I say all this to give tribute to the wonderful man God chose for me. He is my closest friend. I love him far more now at 40 than I ever could have thought I did at 26. God has deepened, matured, and grown my love for him in a myriad of ways I can't even begin to describe here. Every day he shows himself to me, with all his faults and shortcomings, and that gives me the freedom to try and do the same for him. I am glad we're only on the first leg of this journey together. I can't wait to see what's up there around the next bend in the road!

Happy Birthday, Honey!! I love you so much.

All my love . . .

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/07/2007 12:01:00 AM  
  13 came and visited



13 Comments:
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:58:00 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Wow! What a great guy!!! Such encouraging words for your husband! Isn't God so good to give us what we don't deserve? I know God did that with me.

A great tribute and love letter!

Kim

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Happy Birthday to "his majesty"! *wink* I hope after being married as long as you I can say all those wonderful things about DaHubby as well...he's off to a good start! LOL

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Rocks In My Dryer said...

Awww...happy birthday, DP!

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:51:00 AM, Blogger someone else said...

What wonderful words for your wonderful man! Happy Birthday to him. He's also very handsome. I think what struck me most about the picture is the kindness in his face and smile.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:35:00 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

Happy Birthday, DP!!! Peach loves you so much, that is quite evident!

Blessings to you on your special day!

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:18:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

What a nice guy, Peach. He even LOOKS like a nice guy. I love, love this post. Happy Birthday to your prince.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 7:20:00 PM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

I love to hear people brag on their spouses- there's not enough of that in this world!

I join him in the 40 club next week- ask him if I should do anything to prepare!
;)

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:37:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Happy Birthday DP!! A loving, wonderful tribute Peach. He sounds like a great guy.

 
At Friday, June 08, 2007 1:11:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Happy Birthday to your "Prince". I hope the day was a wonderful one full of fabulous memories!

 
At Friday, June 08, 2007 9:34:00 AM, Blogger Randi said...

Aah, this is a sweet post! Happy birthday to your hubby!

 
At Friday, June 08, 2007 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! This is such a beautiful post, Peach, and just overflows with love. Thanks for sharing it with us.

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 2:36:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Love this post! (And Happy Belated Birthday DP! You rock at loving our Peach!)

 
At Monday, June 11, 2007 9:27:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

What a moving tribute to your man! You are blessed to have each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    I've Been At It Again!
    Lazy Days
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday: In Which I Prattle on About No Fear
    Thursday Thanks Tank #58
    Fearless Friday -- Truly WITHOUT Fear
    Thursday Thanks Tank #57
    Walking Away
    Fearless Friday --I am NOT Afraid. Well, Maybe Not
    Prayer: It Can Change Everything

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: