Friday, May 25, 2007
Fearless Friday -- Truly WITHOUT Fear

“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” Fulton Oursler



According to this guy I have spent lots of time "crucifying" myself. I never thought of it that way, but it all begins to make sense as I ponder.

My sweet JD and I have been discussing what it means to live in the past, present, or future. See, the word "future" was in his verses to memorize this week:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-12

How I love this passage and the following verses, which we'll be memorizing next week! I love that my Father in heaven, my Daddy has plans for me. His plans are not to harm me. His plans give me hope. His plans give me a future, whether that is one day or a 100, or more than I can count! Yet, I love what begins to take shape in verse 12, if I call upon Him, come and pray to Him . . . He LISTENS to me. He doesn't just hear me. He doesn't just let my words echo on the line. He really listens to me.

I'm just beginning to realize what God has had for me this past month, but much of it is about listening, not just hearing. I hear my children all day, but how often do I take time to listen to the cries of their hearts.

Back to my chat with JD . . . I told him in the simplest of terms about the past, present, and future -- the past is yesterday (which Libbyline called "the day before this day" until she was almost 5), the present is today, and the future is tomorrow.

Ever since my biopsy in February, I have been projecting way too far out there in the future, worrying and fearing what I cannot possibly control. I have been silently suffering with the reality of my own mortality. I've awakened frightened. I have been stopped cold in my car with the panic of what comes after I no longer take breath from this earth.

It's no wonder our precious Father in Heaven wants us to come to Him as little children. The simplicity of childlike explanation is all we need. The past is yesterday. The present is today. The future is tomorrow -- nothing more, nothing less. God has it all in His hands.

So, in a very verbose fashion I am confirming what I know to be truth at the header of this blog site. I have no reason to fear, for He is with me . . . in every facet of my life.

I can honestly say today, after much prayer and soul-searching I am taking that next step "Without Fear." What a pleasure and what a burden lifted! May God release you to walk "without fear" today as well.


Labels:


  Pam fearlessly posted at 5/25/2007 12:30:00 AM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Friday, May 25, 2007 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

"The future is tomorrow -- nothing more, nothing less. God has it all in His hands."

That is my favorite line in this whole post...

 
At Friday, May 25, 2007 4:49:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Oh boy do I know what you are talking about Peach. God has been dealing with me on this issue of fear and trust for some time now. We have things in our future that are frightening, but He is calling me to trust in Him completely and the plans He has for us. Only when I do that do I find the precious peace He has promised. I find it is something I sometimes have to do over again. It is a process for me.
This was a wonderful post. I'm so glad you're back (I think I may have mentioned that already)!

 
At Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey Peach! I cannot find an e-mail link to send you the name of the awesome cake lady. Will you e-mail me at lotsofscotts AT gmail DOT com? (Sorry, trying to avoid spammers getting my e-mail address!)
I did not make the connection of "Peach" and your real life name from that day in WM until this comment. So glad to know where to find you!

 
At Saturday, May 26, 2007 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Kim said...

You're back!!! Great post!

kim

 
At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:30:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Wish I had been here this weekend to see this "on time" but I'm just catching up. Needed to hear this today - had a rough weekend. Thanks!

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:06:00 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Well said, Peach! Well said.

I like the lyrics to the chorus "Live For today" by Natalie Grant:

I'm gonna live for today
I'm gonna follow in your way
I'm gonna let my little light shine
Like there's no tomorrow
I won't worry about the past
I know my future is intact
So I'll choose to live my life one way
I'm gonna live it for today

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #57
    Walking Away
    Fearless Friday --I am NOT Afraid. Well, Maybe Not
    Prayer: It Can Change Everything
    For Heather . . .
    Fearless Friday -- In Which I Post a Quote about Fear
    Request, Update, and Thursday Thanks Tank #56
    I'd Be OK!
    Hallelujah! He is Risen!!!
    Waiting . . .

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: