Friday, June 1, 2007
Fearless Friday: In Which I Prattle on About No Fear

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more. Love more, and all good things will be yours.”


Swedish Proverb


I am not Swedish -- at least I'm pretty sure I am not. Yet the Swedes must have been pretty wise folks, because in searching for something wise to say; they are quoted frequently. No names or personal attributions, but they must have had a place to collect such nuggets of smartness. Can you imagine old Alf or Bjorn saying, "Ja, Man, you need to write that down. Someone in many, many years may be checking the internet and want to quote us."?

Anyway . . .

This quote made me chuckle, especially the eating less and chewing more. Yet, so much of what this little snippet says is true. If applied to my daily life, it would change me undoubtedly. So, I leave you with the truth of Scripture, which assuredly will change our lives:

"Do not fear little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
Luke 12:32


So go on and "love more . . . and all good things will be yours." He will give us the kingdom. We have no reason to fear. He promises, and He. Keeps. His. Promises.

Have a great weekend!

  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/01/2007 06:45:00 AM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Friday, June 01, 2007 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

Happy Friday!
This is what we teach our children about fear: false evidence appearing real! It has helped them in so many situations.
Speaking of, come on over and visit me and WIN a great new book :)
Always love your posts.
Sandy
For Reluctant Enterainers

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 9:36:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Thanks for the great quote Peach.
It is the truth of that verse that sustains me.
Have a blessed weekend.

 
At Saturday, June 02, 2007 4:03:00 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I loved the quote too! Have a great weekend!

 
At Saturday, June 02, 2007 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I love this post, Peach! LOL moment to imagining Alf and Bjorn saying that! Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #58
    Fearless Friday -- Truly WITHOUT Fear
    Thursday Thanks Tank #57
    Walking Away
    Fearless Friday --I am NOT Afraid. Well, Maybe Not
    Prayer: It Can Change Everything
    For Heather . . .
    Fearless Friday -- In Which I Post a Quote about Fear
    Request, Update, and Thursday Thanks Tank #56
    I'd Be OK!

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: