Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Mama Math
What do you get when you take these:

(+) this {a mama in need of peace while fixing dinner}?










(=) You get this:

Any questions?


I'll give you the condensed version. I thought I was getting a great deal at a thrift store for Sweetcheeks. I thought she'd love learning to roller blade . . . someday . . . like today, maybe. We got home and chaos broke loose as often happens in a home with three children.

Sweetcheeks, living up to her nickname, sweetly asked if she could go try out her new roller blades while I made dinner. I, being the brilliantly-minded 40 yr. old mother that I am, told her she could for a few minutes.

Well, only a few minutes later Libbyline returned frantically announcing that Sweetcheeks was hurt badly and needed help.

Hours later, and armed with potential bills 10 or 20 times more than I paid for the roller blades, Sweetcheeks came home with a broken wrist, "hideous brace," and a newfound belief that Jesus looks out for even the things we don't like that come into our days. I have seen God's hand in so many ways throughout this whole situation, and I am once more assured of His care for me and my family.

God had the urgent care clinic be almost empty last night. He provided us with a sweet nurse and a precious older man from our church as the X-Ray technician. He looked visibly saddened to see Sweetcheeks in so much pain and know she'd broken her wrist even before we were sure.
He gave us a tender orthopedic doctor today and the most wonderful lady named Miss Mary to fit Sweetcheeks with her cast. God visibly walked with us through this entire experience, and I am here to give Him the glory -- dispelling any notion of coincidence. God was with us, and He orchestrated all that happened. I praise Him, for when I am weak; He is strong.

So, now we will be looking for creative ways to keep an 8- year-old girl in a cast busy throughout the rest of the summer. Any and all suggestions and recommendations will be seriously considered and reviewed.

Please be praying for Sweetcheeks if you think of it. She is still quite enamored by the cool, purple cast right now. I know that a couple days from now she may be singing a different tune. Pray for her to have a happy heart and for me to have an extra measure of patience, compassion, and understanding.

Thanks y'all!

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/13/2007 01:33:00 PM  
  5 came and visited



5 Comments:
At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:27:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, I'm sorry sorry to hear that! What a way to start the summer, huh?

My daughter loves crafty-things. Maybe you can find some sort of craft kit that doesn't require too much dexterity? And a good book is always great company!

It might also be a good time to work with her on cooking skills. Maybe once a week you could bake a special treat, or make an favorite family recipe.

I don't envy you having to come up with ways to occupy her time. I'm so thankful the Lord has walked you through this! What a testimony!

 
At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:35:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Oh poor baby!! Is she right-handed? I had a cast on my right arm a couple years ago and it was quite a challenge to write with my left hand. I hope her pain in minimal!!

 
At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Pam said...

MG, another praise . . . she is left-handed, just like me! So, while it will be inconvenient to do some things with one hand, she is already realizing she can manage pretty well.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

 
At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Oh no, Peach. What a way to start her summer. I'm so, so sorry.

Honestly? I never dealt with a single broken bone so I don't know what to tell you.

But I know you and she will get creative and come up with ways to make her summer special in spite of this.

Poor little thing. I'm just sorry this happened. But that IS a very cool cast!

 
At Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

OH NO! I don't think I'll bemuch help...I broke my elbow (my right one and I'm right handed) when I was 13. I remember being pretty miserable! *wink* But, I was in school too...trying to keep up - not on summer break. Prayers for her and you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    I Blog . . . Therefore I am . . . or Not!
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday -- What is FEAR?
    Reasons Why I love Him --He Fills My Tank
    I've Been At It Again!
    Lazy Days
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday: In Which I Prattle on About No Fear
    Thursday Thanks Tank #58
    Fearless Friday -- Truly WITHOUT Fear

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: