Thursday, June 14, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #59

Welcome to my weekly Thanks Tank. I started this over a year ago to intentionally set aside at least one day each week to give God the glory for all He has done for me.

So, without any hesitation, I give you my thanks for this week. I am thankful for:

1. God's mercy: Sweetcheeks could have had a far worse injury, but she was spared surgery and will heal in a short time without complications.

2. Prayer Warriors: How wonderful to know my precious girl was being lifted up and interceded for all over the world. She is doing remarkably well and has a sunny attitude that could only be attributed to answered prayer. I am humbled.

3. Purple Casts: This was a little thing, but our compassionate God cares about the intimate, minuscule details of our lives. Sweetcheeks is now assured that her Heavenly Father cares about her having a purple cast. I am so glad He does!

4. Reading: I need to brag a little bit now. Libbyline has already read over 30 hours this summer! She has amassed a lengthy repertoire of over 25 books and has no intention of stopping. I'll keep you updated on her progress. She's got a deal with her daddy for a reward if she reads 100 hours by the end of the summer. At this point, I don't think it will be much of a problem.

5. Rain: We have had little rain lately in our neck of the woods. The promise of rain is upon us, and I would be oh so thankful for a drenching rain that would eliminate this:

6. Chores: Based upon something I read here the other day, I had a brainstorm before church Sunday night. I designed a new chore chart, using a magnetic one we'd bought years ago just like the one in JMom's photo. I hung it in our kitchen and gave out assignments Monday morning. I was met with near cheering and happy hearts. What a blessing . . . and the best part is the Mama's load is lightened.

7. Games: I have a "game" closet in our front hall. Unfortunately, because of a lack of shelving in said closet, I have not done a great job of organizing the games. In a quest to do better and unpack some boxes that still were hidden, I found a game I had been planning to order from my favorite homeschooling catalog. Lo and behold, we already own it! We purchased it from the actual store in Jacksonville right before moving last summer and immediately packed it.

So, now we have a new game that will help with those days "I'm bored" becomes the chant of choice.

8. Early Planning: I adore my in-laws for a multitude of reasons. One of those came to fruition this week as my father-in-law called to discuss his ideas for Thanksgiving. We are headed off to Nashville to spend the holiday with him and my sweet MIL, taking in shows and lots of shopping here.

9. Choir: It's become so much more already than just singing in front of church. This time of practice each week is restorative, worshipful, and a balm to my sometimes parched and lonely soul.

10. Crafting: This week this hobby of making cards has been such a blessing. I am reminded that amidst all the "mama" things I do each day resides a creative spirit that can be unleashed in original designs and pretty things. I so needed that this week.

11. Purple nail polish: Sweetcheeks had only one special request after having her cast fitted yesterday. She wanted purple nail polish to match. So, we stopped here and a lovely woman behind the beauty counter immediately found us what we needed, also sharing how her brother broke her arm when she was about the same age as Sweetcheeks.

I'm afraid we're in for lots of broken bone stories in the next four weeks . . . It is amazing how a little bottle of purple lacquer costing $1. could yield such sparkle from my daughter's heart.

God has done even more this week than I could recount here. I am so blessed.

Take a moment and be intentional about your gratitude. Our Lord is always ready to hear from us, and I can't imagine He ever tires of hearing us praise Him for what He has done.

"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
that all who love your name may be filled with joy."
Psalm 5:11

  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/14/2007 10:49:00 AM  
  7 came and visited



7 Comments:
At Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

This was just pleasant to read, Peach. There's something very down to earth and comforting about your list this week.

Here's to purple nail polish!

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:51:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

*big smile* So impressed how you find your thankfulness in your everyday nooks and cranies! As I say each week with my list, you inspire me and set a wonderful example of being thankful!

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:46:00 PM, Blogger Praise and Coffee said...

Amen= especailly the purple nail polish ;)

I am so thankful for my children! I'm hugging them extra hard this week.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 12:40:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I got to your blog from the "kisses of sunshine" blog. I just happened upon it. Anyway, I just love the Thursday Thanks Tank and I decided to incorporate it into my blog. Thank you for sharing.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Jane Anne, I would love to see your Thanks Tank, too, but I couldn't find your blog site. Let me know, and I'll come visit.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

My blog is www.gravityofmotion.blogspot.com. (I hope it is okay to copy the graphic you used. If not, let me know and I will take it down.) I also have wwww.owenhome.blogspot.com for writing down funny family happenings--mostly funny things my kids say.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2007 9:53:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I've gotten a little behind in my reading and didn't know about the broken arm. I'm glad all is well now - purple cast and all.
I love your list Peach. I feel the same way about choir. The blessing I get being a part of it far outweighs any effort I put into it. It is such a joy - especially rehersal nights.
Have a blessed weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Mama Math
    I Blog . . . Therefore I am . . . or Not!
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday -- What is FEAR?
    Reasons Why I love Him --He Fills My Tank
    I've Been At It Again!
    Lazy Days
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday: In Which I Prattle on About No Fear
    Thursday Thanks Tank #58

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: