Thursday, June 21, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #60
It's been a great week, with gratitude spilling out all over the place. Here is the overflow from my heart. I am thankful this week for:

1. Healing: Sweetcheeks is well on the road to recovery. She's feeling so much better that she would love to have the cast off . . . like now, but we have three more weeks of casted living ahead. Thanks go out in abundance for all of you who have prayed for my precious girly.

2. Summer Movies: Our town theater runs a special for kids during the summer with discounted rates for fairly recent releases of age-appropriate flicks. We're headed out today after VBS to join some friends for popcorn and a movie.

3. Quiet: How I love the sound of . . . nothing. Yes, that's it . . . silence. My home is so quiet right now that I can hear the clock in the next room ticking. That is usually an impossible feat.

4. Sonic: I rarely go there with all my kids anymore, but once in awhile -- like after dropping everyone off at VBS, I treat myself to my favorite one of these. Cherry limeade is the best!

5. Swinging: We took the kids to the park, and I climbed aboard my own swing for a change. I forgot how much I love that soaring feeling of being up in the air on a swing. Child-like pleasures, even as an old, crusty mama.

6. Rain: Still not nearly what we need, but it has been a relief to see those big drops fall from the sky occasionally.

7. Creativity: DP and I spent one day this week brainstorming ideas for a children's book we want to write. It was so refreshing to see how well we work together and to see a dream of mine finally coming to life on paper.

8. Inspiration: I pray for Heather daily, yet I feel like I receive so much more than I ever give by visiting her site. She always manages to encourage me. Go encourage her today. I know she'd love to hear from you!

9. Biofreeze: This stuff makes my life more bearable and "bears" mentioning just for that ; )

10. Security in Jesus: I can't go about any day or any week without this truth as the foundation. To Him be the glory! God is Here!

Now, it is your turn! You sure don't have to tell me about it, but I would love it if you did. Take time to intentionally focus on the big and little ways God has blessed you this week. It doesn't have to be ten things.

You may only think of one, but God will be glorified in you mentioning that one. Share it with me if you like, or take the header and do your own thanks tank at your site. Just let me know in the comments so I can come visit you and be blessed by how God is blessing you! How is that for a tongue-twister. Now Go! Be thankful.

  Pam fearlessly posted at 6/21/2007 08:44:00 AM  
  8 came and visited



8 Comments:
At Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:42:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I read Heather's newest post this morning. I was afraid she'd lose her hair. Poor thing. You're right. Following her journey has been an inspiration.

 
At Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:20:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

YOU ARE WRITING A BOOK!?! COOL! I also read and think of Heather daily. I'm still trying to get my list together for today. Things have been so jumbled this week. But, I am always blessed by yours!

 
At Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:20:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

God is always good! Today I am looking for it more than other days I guess.

Thankful beyond words today.

 
At Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:20:00 PM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

I love reading your Thanks list. I am going to keep mine up, too! Taking the time to write my blessings down is so good for my heart.

 
At Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:35:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Great list, Peach! But I have to confess I was surprised at reading that Sweetcheeks had a cast. I scrolled back to see I had totally missed the post on her getting hurt. I'm so sorry. Glad to hear that she is on the road to healing.

How exciting news of that writing project is!

 
At Friday, June 22, 2007 10:33:00 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

I WISH we had a Sonic close by! I would be ETERNALLY THANKFUL for it if we did!!!

Glad Sweetcheeks is doing better!!!

 
At Friday, June 22, 2007 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

I love to swing too. It's my favorite.

Hang in there, Sweetcheeks! It's almost over! Hugs to you.

Finally, Peach, my dear, I've tagged you for a dining out meme.

 
At Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:32:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Peach: I'm praying for her like you requested and I'm thrilled to hear that God is answering in the affirmative!

And I'd love to treat you to a Cherry Limeade someday. I LOVE them too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Random Tidbits
    Throwin' Caution to the Wind: If Money Were No Object
    Happy Father's Day!
    Thursday Thanks Tank #59
    Mama Math
    I Blog . . . Therefore I am . . . or Not!
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday -- What is FEAR?
    Reasons Why I love Him --He Fills My Tank
    I've Been At It Again!

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: