Thursday, July 12, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #63

I'll get to the regular "filling up" in a few minutes, but I need to finish off my ICRS visit first. Part one is here.

Just to let you know what a fun day it turned out to be, I also had the privilege of meeting and talking with this lovely, new artist, who was genuine and as down-to-earth as the girl next door. She and I chatted for a moment while I told her how much her testimony and perspective on true beauty meant to me as I try to teach my own girls the value of what is inside being more important:We will continue to pray for Mandisa as she begins her journey as a frontline music artist in such a public arena. She was the one who caused quite the "stir" in our house. My girls have played her "mini" CD over and over again, continually gazing at the autograph that certifies her "famous" hand actually touched the case!

Rather than bore you with all the details of the others I either saw or met, I'll just hit the highlights and link to those who have sites. You can check them out for yourselves:

I've belabored my foray into the publishing and bookselling arena long enough. Time for filling up that tank. I am thankful for:

1. Friends: Especially ones who don't tire too easily of gushing. My dearest friend probably had to hold the phone at arm's length Monday as I cackled and cawed about all the people I met and saw.

2. Awards: A bloggy friend bestowed this award on me, and though I've not tagged anybody -- I am grateful to have received it.

3. Stampin' Up! Catalog: My dearest friend in the whole world is a demonstrator of this great product, and I am always thrilled to receive mine. Maybe you'd like one, too? I can getcha' one, if the price is right!

4. Books: How I love new books! I love old ones, too, but the feel and smell of a new one . . . that can't be duplicated. I received a stack of new ones at the show Monday. Maybe I'll have to take a picture of all the reading I'll be doing in the coming weeks and months.

5. Books in the Mail: I have a friend on the other side of the country who cares enough about my health and well-being to send me a book that will help me take better care of myself. What a sweetheart!

6. Magnifying Mirrors: I like mine for a variety of reasons, but I just thought about this the other day while applying my make-up. When I am up against 5x magnification, how common is that in my real life? Looking in that mirror reminds me that no one sees me like that with the exception of Jesus. He's the only One who can see me up close and personal, flaws and all. He alone can turn the mirror back and let me see what He sees.

7. Cast off: Sweetcheeks was thrilled beyond belief at getting her cast removed today. She still has to wear a splint, but she can take it off for showering and washing her hands. Tonight as we were sending everyone to bed she erupted into gales of giggles and squeals. She kept saying over and over, "This has been the most wonderful day of my entire life!"

8. Soccer Camp: Yes, my JD is gone all week from 9am-3pm. Need I say more?

9. Rest: The early part of my week was strenuous for little, old me. So, I've been thankful for extra rest gleaned here and there.

10. My Precious DP: He missed out on several great book signings in order to make sure I got to meet my favorites. I adore this man. Sure wish he could have gotten Tony Dungy's new book though. Oh well, maybe that'll be a gift idea.

As always, please join me by sharing how God has filled up your tank this week. I'd love to hear about your blessings in the comments or at your own site. Take the header and start filling up that tank yourself. You'll be amazed at how much you overlook unless you're intentional. Have a blessed day!

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 7/12/2007 12:25:00 AM  
  9 came and visited



9 Comments:
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:15:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Oooohhh...now how can you leave a comment at my bloggy home like that and not expect me to go crazy!? *wink*

Well, I've heard you aren't suppose to pray for patience - since patience comes from long suffering so then you're actually praying for trouble! *wink* So, I guess I'll just have to wait...and wait...and wait...

Jugglin' kids this morning getting ready for weekend away...I'll be back with a link when I post for TTT!

(((Hugs)))

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

I'm back! Thankful along with you here.

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:41:00 AM, Blogger someone else said...

I like the idea of "being intentional" with our thankfulness. You made me smile, chuckle and nod my head today. The TTT is always so inspirational.

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:22:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

What a great, diversified list, Peach. I love this.

And it was my pleasure to send you that book - it helped me and I'm hoping you find some useful information in it too.

And remember. I don't want it back. I never ever want to see it again. Because I never ever want to need it again! LOL

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Are you sitting down? I finally did the restaurant meme you tagged me for, back when dinosaurs roamed. LOL

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:42:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Peach
as always you touch my heart. As I sip my tea I am thankful for all the ways you have.
blessings and hugs

 
At Friday, July 13, 2007 12:27:00 AM, Blogger moreofhim said...

Wow!! I'm gonna come and go where you go! I just admire all those people you met and so enjoy their books/music! What a wonderful opportunity for you and I'm so glad you got to meet those wonderful people. I really enjoyed visiting you and will come and visit again! God bless you ~

 
At Saturday, July 14, 2007 7:54:00 PM, Blogger Hopeful Spirit said...

Wow, that's quite a list! A very impressive one and entertaining post. Blessings to you.

The newly redesigned "On the Horizon" is online. Stop by when you have time!

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:41:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

That is just precious about Sweetcheeks and the best day of her life.

I love hearing about your trip and yes, I am still jealous! ;v)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Warning: Blatant Name-Dropping Ahead
    Scripture Sunday
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #62
    Free Indeed!
    I am Powerful
    Storms . . . in a Good Way
    Scripture Sunday
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #61

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: