In my mind, I've always associated feats like the one at left with fearlessness. I've even made a list at different times in my life with all kinds of wild and "fearless" acts I'd like to perform: skydiving, deep sea diving, hang gliding, etc.
You know, the kinds of things you want to do before you die.
Well, as I get older (and boy, am I feeling it today, chalk it up to Tony Horton and the Ab Ripper 100), I have begun to think of fearlessness in a whole different realm.
Ways I find myself more fearless now than in years past:
1. I trust God with the lives of my children.
2. I believe God is Who He says He is.
3. I worry far less about how others perceive me.
4. I let go and let God far more frequently.
5. I no longer feel like I need to do heroic acts in order to appear fearless.
“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.”
Labels: fearless friday