Friday, July 13, 2007
Fearless Friday

Sometimes it takes an extra measure of fearlessness to be different in the midst of a field of sameness.

I am the dandelion in the midst of all these daisies.

I am fearless and a bit impulsive.

I am the strong and tough "weed" that keeps coming back after being pulled and re-moved over and over again.

I am hearty.

I am resilient.

My roots grow deep, when I find where I want to be.

Yet, my fluff can be blown carelessly by the wind when I am all used up.

I have learned that many are put off by the presence of a dandelion, but many are also drawn to its brightness.

Children pluck me and carry me around in sweaty, grimy fists. They present me like a trophy to their waiting mamas.

Mamas can't refuse me, for I am the symbol of all that is pure and innocent and summery.

I am fearless. I am wild. I am sunshiny bright and ever-present.

I am who He made me to be.

"But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 7/13/2007 09:16:00 AM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Saturday, July 14, 2007 7:53:00 AM, Blogger moreofhim said...

I love that analogy!! It's good to be different and who God made us to be. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At Saturday, July 14, 2007 6:51:00 PM, Blogger Kelly Stockwell said...

Hey we will be here next Saturday. I have a baby shower to attend in the early afternoon other than that we are free. Looking forward to seeing you!

 
At Saturday, July 14, 2007 8:39:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

loved your post peach. I love daisies and I have always liked to think I was the one that was a different color who was marching to the beat of a different heart. Have a blessed sonday.

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:35:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Peach this post just brought tears to my eyes. It was so beautiful. I love that: "I am who He made me to be"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thursday Thanks Tank #63
    Warning: Blatant Name-Dropping Ahead
    Scripture Sunday
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #62
    Free Indeed!
    I am Powerful
    Storms . . . in a Good Way
    Scripture Sunday
    Fearless Friday

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: