Thursday, July 5, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #62

A little slow on the filling of the tank this morning, but I have gone walking, eaten a delicious two-cheese omelet, done two loads of laundry, had a quiet time, and completed Tony Horton's Ab Crunch 100. So I guess I'm ok.

Lots of thanks to share, so let's get to it:

1. New Life: I'm always thrilled to hear of God's working, and Barb shared yesterday about her new grandbaby coming in March. I don't know much that supercedes the joy of celebrating a coming new life. Congratulations Barb!

2. Photo Safe Albums: I have been scrapbooking for about seven or eight years, but with a busy family I have found the task of putting photos in scrapbooks less and less possible. The photos kept piling up and I got more and more discouraged -- figuring my scrapbooking might really take off when my three all go off to college. So, I bought some of these and put almost two year's worth of photos in them in one day. I feel a burden lifted!

3. Funnies: I went looking for something else entirely and stumbled upon several people who make me laugh: Anita Renfroe, Chonda Pierce, Ken Davis, and Mark Lowry. If you're feeling down, check these out! Just bring your kleenex and cross your legs, 'cause, Honey, they are that funny!!

4. Free Days: Considering I had a migraine yesterday, I was thrilled to have a free day with no obligations. We rested. We went and saw fireworks. That was enough for me.

5. Cool Breezes: This morning's walk was accompanied by the coolest breeze fluffing my newly shorn hair do. I walk better when my hair is fluffing, don't you?

6. New Hair Do: I think I mentioned that I found a new guy to do my hair. Well, I love this man -- not in a way that frightens my DP. For when this man makes me feel good about how I look, my DP says it's all good, it's all real good.

7. The Right Socks: You know, I never thought what I wore on my feet mattered when going for a walk, but it really does. So, I went to my local Sam's and stocked up on a bunch of low cut cushiony socks that keep me from having unsightly blisters when later I want to slip into some slinky sandals (not that I have any of those, but it sounded good).

8. Fruit Salad: No, not the song these guys sing (now the song is going through your head, too), but a delicious concoction of all that is fresh and easily accessible this time of year. I combined strawberries, bananas, apples, grapes, blueberries, and mandarin oranges and covered it all with Sprite to keep those apples and bananas from turning brown. Delicious.

***You know, I've had nothing but interruptions in trying to get this posted today. So, I am cutting my list short this week so I can go tame the natives at my house. The kicks to the unmentionable areas and repeated slaps of siblings needs the Mama's attention. Just not sure at this point if they are ready for the attention coming to them.

Anyway, I am always thrilled to hear how God is working in your life. Please don't hesitate to share your own blessings of the week in the comments or take the header and the idea to your own site and let me know. I'll come visit.

Have a great day and pray for my children!

  Pam fearlessly posted at 7/05/2007 09:37:00 AM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Really loved this entry. I like the idea of filling up our "tanks." Do you know the guy who coined that phrase? I know I've heard it before. I am looking forward to adding this to my blog for Thursdays. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! And good luck with the children! My kids are all under the age of 6, so just something for me to look forward to, eh?
K

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 2:22:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

It was such a special moment for me, standing right there and watching the EPT stick with Krissy. We're still absorbing the miracle of it all. But now that Cameron's a big boy (two) I can't tell you how excited I am about holding another brand new baby in my arms in a little over eight months. Girl or boy, I can't wait.

And yes, I walk better when my hair fluffs in the wind too. :-)

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Love to hear of your thankfulness - gonna take a break today from TTT but still thinking of you and posted a different type of observation from yesterday. Glad of your "free day" but more glad that you don't seem to be suffering with a migraine today! *wink*

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Well, I'm thankful that you're house is no different than mine! :v)

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 7:15:00 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Free Days - YES!!!!!

And there's nothing like finding an awesome hair stylist that does it just right!

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 8:09:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

I'm thankful that we have insurance.

I'm thankful that we have great friends who show up at the drop of the hat.

I'm really thankful that I get to see you in about 2 weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Free Indeed!
    I am Powerful
    Storms . . . in a Good Way
    Scripture Sunday
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #61
    Dining Out Meme
    Thursday Thanks Tank #60
    Random Tidbits
    Throwin' Caution to the Wind: If Money Were No Object

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: