A little slow on the filling of the tank this morning, but I have gone walking, eaten a delicious two-cheese omelet, done two loads of laundry, had a quiet time, and completed Tony Horton's Ab Crunch 100. So I guess I'm ok.
Lots of thanks to share, so let's get to it:
1. New Life: I'm always thrilled to hear of God's working, and Barb shared yesterday about her new grandbaby coming in March. I don't know much that supercedes the joy of celebrating a coming new life. Congratulations Barb!
2. Photo Safe Albums: I have been scrapbooking for about seven or eight years, but with a busy family I have found the task of putting photos in scrapbooks less and less possible. The photos kept piling up and I got more and more discouraged -- figuring my scrapbooking might really take off when my three all go off to college. So, I bought some of these and put almost two year's worth of photos in them in one day. I feel a burden lifted!
3. Funnies: I went looking for something else entirely and stumbled upon several people who make me laugh: Anita Renfroe, Chonda Pierce, Ken Davis, and Mark Lowry. If you're feeling down, check these out! Just bring your kleenex and cross your legs, 'cause, Honey, they are that funny!!
4. Free Days: Considering I had a migraine yesterday, I was thrilled to have a free day with no obligations. We rested. We went and saw fireworks. That was enough for me.
5. Cool Breezes: This morning's walk was accompanied by the coolest breeze fluffing my newly shorn hair do. I walk better when my hair is fluffing, don't you?
6. New Hair Do: I think I mentioned that I found a new guy to do my hair. Well, I love this man -- not in a way that frightens my DP. For when this man makes me feel good about how I look, my DP says it's all good, it's all real good.
7. The Right Socks: You know, I never thought what I wore on my feet mattered when going for a walk, but it really does. So, I went to my local Sam's and stocked up on a bunch of low cut cushiony socks that keep me from having unsightly blisters when later I want to slip into some slinky sandals (not that I have any of those, but it sounded good).
8. Fruit Salad: No, not the song these guys sing (now the song is going through your head, too), but a delicious concoction of all that is fresh and easily accessible this time of year. I combined strawberries, bananas, apples, grapes, blueberries, and mandarin oranges and covered it all with Sprite to keep those apples and bananas from turning brown. Delicious.
***You know, I've had nothing but interruptions in trying to get this posted today. So, I am cutting my list short this week so I can go tame the natives at my house. The kicks to the unmentionable areas and repeated slaps of siblings needs the Mama's attention. Just not sure at this point if they are ready for the attention coming to them.
Anyway, I am always thrilled to hear how God is working in your life. Please don't hesitate to share your own blessings of the week in the comments or take the header and the idea to your own site and let me know. I'll come visit.
Have a great day and pray for my children!