Getting a late start here at the old blog, but I've been on the go today.
Considering we are still having temperatures in the 100+ range, it is imperative that we get an early start to get anything done.
So, we took my DP to work and headed to a lovely walking trail by the river, ending up at the local park and playground. The breeze was actually cool, the sounds of the squirrels and birds welcoming. We spent about an hour and a half there, enjoying the company of another mommy and her two children. What a pleasant respite from the hot and sultry days we've been treated to lately.
On to the other ways I'm filling up my tank this week:
1. Prayer: DP and I have resumed our morning times together, and it has been so refreshing. I feel physically bolstered by the words spoken to our Father together. I also draw strength throughout the day as I remember those quiet moments before the bustle of the day begins.
2. Food: Yes, I am always thankful for this! In addition though, this week I am most grateful to be remembering I can feel hunger and know how much less it takes to really cause me to be satisfied.
3. Change: Usually I don't respond too well to change in general, but I am totally liking the changes I see occurring in our household. Part of me wants to hold my breath and wait for the "other shoe to drop", so to speak -- yet I can't help but give God all the glory and eagerly anticipate more changes ahead as we exert obedience in the areas He's pruning.
3. Jesus: My new favorite song we're practicing in choir is Something Happens, and it's all about Jesus. There truly is something about mentioning His name. Jesus.
4. Check Marks: We've devised a new system to "help" our son make good choices throughout the day. I am so glad to see two check marks in a row that indicate good days rather than the big X that identifies a bad one.
5. Reading together: We are reading books together as the "Peachy" (our last name) Lunch Bunch. So far we are really enjoying our trek through The Wind and the Willows together.
6. Ant Traps: I know it isn't exactly a glamorous thanks, but I am grateful for something so small obliterating something even smaller that annoys and invades my home at just about some point during every year.
7. Children's Ministry: Our kids are so loving being involved on Wednesday nights, and now we have more reasons to memorize Scripture. Thanks, Miss Amy!
8. Beauty: It is all around me, yet during the stifling heat of the summer I tend to forget this exists. I'm anticipating more of it soon. May fall come quickly!
9. The Present: The past is behind me and God holds the future, so I will be grateful for the present. Today is good. Actually, today is great!
10. Hope: I have renewed hope and strength in Him as I see my Jesus at work in my life and the lives of those I love. May He renew your hope this day as well.
". . . those who hope in the LORDNow it's your turn. Please feel free to take my little Thanks Tank button and post your own list of gratitude on your site. Or, if you prefer, just leave me a comment here as to what is filling your tank this week. Our God is big, and I know He's doing things in your life as well. Let me know so I can rejoice with you!!
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."