Thursday, August 2, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #66

Now I remember why I try to do this exercise Wednesday nights . . . as I sit here bleary-eyed, trying to gather my thoughts this morning.

Anyway, here we go . . .

Maybe the juices will begin to flow as I move in to a mode of thankfulness.

Here's how God has chosen to fill my tank this week:

1. Old things that become new again: My children discovered a computer treasure hunt from Adventures in Odyssey yesterday that they'd not played since we moved here last year. They spent hours in cooperative fun, attempting to solve the mystery of The Treasure of the Incas.

2. Routine: We are far more scheduled when the daddy is at work. It has been refreshing to return to some "normalcy" this week as DP's school year begins.

3. Contacts out of the blue: Last night I was watching a video at choir and saw someone on the screen that reminded me of a long ago friend . I shot up a quick prayer that someday we'd connect again. Amazingly my DP got an e-mail from her husband last night! Can't wait to talk with them and catch up on all that's happened over the last four + years.

4. Grocery Shopping: This task filled me up this week because July decided to drag on far longer than the money wanted to hold out. What a blessing to go and begin re-filling our pantry yesterday.

5. Library Resources: Just found out this week that the foreign language program that I have wanted to purchase for our children for a couple years is available online for free through our local library. How cool is that! Se habla Espanol . . . soon and very soon.

6. New Music: I know I mentioned this when I received the CD free, but these guys sure are ministering to my heart. Go check them out!

7. Clean Kitchen: My DP is fabulous about doing this task for me. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate finding my kitchen glowing when I get up in the morning. Thank you, Honey!!

8. Paid Bills: I know this is utterly mundane, but the freedom that it brings is huge!

9. Mac Powell: This guy is an instrument from God. God Himself uses this man's voice to reach down and grab me by the heart in a way that few others can. If you've not ever heard the music of Third Day, you must, must, must go visit them.

10. Drama: In the very best way. Our girls have both been cast for a local theatre production of "The Hobbit". I'm sure I'll have updates frequently on the activities of my "dwarf" and my "goblin." The first read-through is tomorrow.

Ok, the juices began to flow, and now I have to stop.

Now, it is your turn! Let me know how God's filling your tank this week. Leave a comment, or better yet -- take the button to your site and make your own Thanks Tank! Have a great, grateful day.

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 8/02/2007 06:59:00 AM  
  6 came and visited



6 Comments:
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 9:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the specific ways God has revealed His intimate care in my life this past week. There are details that only a sovreign and holy God could be working out. He alone deserves the praise and glory.

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Thinking of you...

http://twolittlevikings.blogspot.com/2007/08/special-thursday-thanks-tank.html

 
At Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Kris said...

It is always so good to hear that others find God's goodness it the small things, too. I had the same thing with the groceries this month. Have a great day!
K

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 10:26:00 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

Have you heard Mac on the Glory Revealed CD? Goosebumps, I tell you!

 
At Friday, August 03, 2007 8:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love Third Day and am thankful for their music. I am also going to show my daughter the Ad. in Odyssey link you posted, I think she will like that......so I am thankful for that! :)

And I totally understand #2 since hubby and I are BOTH teachers, we have NO routine right now.....it's a good thing overall, but there are times when I need my routine back!!

 
At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:54:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

I'm still thankful that your spirit is making us aware of being thankful.

I'm thankful for the grandparents watching our kids.

Thankful for Mr. Right's promotion.

Thankful for the vacation that not everyone gets to take.

Thankful that the kids call to tell us that they love us.

Thankful I have enough money to prepare the kids for school and to restock our depleted supply of snacks, especially since the kids will be home soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Works-for-Me Wednesday
    Yes, Brand Names Can Be Good
    New Week, New Attitude
    Words of Wisdom
    WINNERS!!! This has been a fabulous week of visiti...
    Fearless Friday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #65 . . . and Winner #1
    Christmas In July -- Yes, Another Giveaway!
    The Giveaways Just Keep Coming!
    Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: