Now I remember why I try to do this exercise Wednesday nights . . . as I sit here bleary-eyed, trying to gather my thoughts this morning.
Anyway, here we go . . .
Maybe the juices will begin to flow as I move in to a mode of thankfulness.
Here's how God has chosen to fill my tank this week:
1. Old things that become new again: My children discovered a computer treasure hunt from Adventures in Odyssey yesterday that they'd not played since we moved here last year. They spent hours in cooperative fun, attempting to solve the mystery of The Treasure of the Incas.
2. Routine: We are far more scheduled when the daddy is at work. It has been refreshing to return to some "normalcy" this week as DP's school year begins.
3. Contacts out of the blue: Last night I was watching a video at choir and saw someone on the screen that reminded me of a long ago friend . I shot up a quick prayer that someday we'd connect again. Amazingly my DP got an e-mail from her husband last night! Can't wait to talk with them and catch up on all that's happened over the last four + years.
4. Grocery Shopping: This task filled me up this week because July decided to drag on far longer than the money wanted to hold out. What a blessing to go and begin re-filling our pantry yesterday.
5. Library Resources: Just found out this week that the foreign language program that I have wanted to purchase for our children for a couple years is available online for free through our local library. How cool is that! Se habla Espanol . . . soon and very soon.
6. New Music: I know I mentioned this when I received the CD free, but these guys sure are ministering to my heart. Go check them out!
7. Clean Kitchen: My DP is fabulous about doing this task for me. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate finding my kitchen glowing when I get up in the morning. Thank you, Honey!!
8. Paid Bills: I know this is utterly mundane, but the freedom that it brings is huge!
9. Mac Powell: This guy is an instrument from God. God Himself uses this man's voice to reach down and grab me by the heart in a way that few others can. If you've not ever heard the music of Third Day, you must, must, must go visit them.
10. Drama: In the very best way. Our girls have both been cast for a local theatre production of "The Hobbit". I'm sure I'll have updates frequently on the activities of my "dwarf" and my "goblin." The first read-through is tomorrow.
Ok, the juices began to flow, and now I have to stop.
Now, it is your turn! Let me know how God's filling your tank this week. Leave a comment, or better yet -- take the button to your site and make your own Thanks Tank! Have a great, grateful day.