Tuesday, August 21, 2007
His Other Hand

As most of you can probably tell by my header, my life verse is Isaiah 41:10.

We've been taking time to memorize the life verse for each member of our family during Bible class each morning for the past several weeks.

While working on the memorization itself I also like to probe the minds of my children in order to see what they are thinking in regards to each verse. The conversation surrounding my life verse went something like this:

Mama: Ok, can everyone tell me my life verse?

Peaches: Isaiah 41:10 --"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Mama:
What does this verse mean to you?

Libbyline: That we don't need to fear.

Sweetcheeks:
God is with us.

JD Green:
Strong. He makes me strong and helps me.

Mama:
What does it mean to "uphold you with my righteous right hand" ?

Libbyline:
I'm not sure, but I know what He was doin' with His left hand!

Sweetcheeks:
Me, too, Mama! I know what He was doin' with His left hand!

Mama:
What?!?!

Together: He was creating the whole world. He is left handed just like us and created the whole world with His creative left hand. (They've been told often how left handers are creative and the only ones in their "right" minds. I guess I've been a bit vigilant about this as a lefty myself.)

I guess I was thinking way too small when I chose to have my children hide God's Word in their hearts. They've got more figured out than I'll ever begin to contemplate.

I'm just glad they are already beginning to live their lives without fear.

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 8/21/2007 09:49:00 PM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:19:00 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Don't you just love the perspective of children? They're so wise in their innocence.

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

OH, I love the idea of a life verse!!! Hope you don't mind if I begin to medicate and pray over it and borrow the concept. (((hugs)))

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:59:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Isn't it amazing how much God reveals to our children? I think their hearts are so open to him, that they're just able to see Him more. My daughter just recently accepted Christ, and it's blown me away to see how much He's worked in her heart already!

 
At Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:59:00 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

I'm telling you, your kids are already treasures for his kingdom here on earth!

I love the idea of life verses. That's something I may have to ponder for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Ok, So We Didn't Do Math Yesterday . . .
    Music Meme
    Fearless Friday #13
    Thursday Thanks Tank #68
    Happy Birthday #2 O' Blog
    Women Of Faith -- Part One
    Fearless Friday #12
    Thursday Thanks Tank #67
    100 or More Things about Me
    Out of the Mouths of . . .

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: