I've felt that way this week. I am in the midst of trying to do things differently in several areas of my life, and I feel like I've just been meeting resistance at every turn.
I guess in some way that should encourage me to press on, knowing I must be doing something right to have the enemy so riled up. Yet, the past two days haven't yielded a spirit of soaring or the energy to fight against the attacks I've been fielding. I've felt defeated. I've felt lonely. I've felt friendless. I've even felt far from God.
That is until last night when I began to process the following:
Along with many of you, I have been touched by the Lord numerous times via the words that sometimes spill forth from the lips of Beth Moore. When and if I ever grow up, I want to know Jesus more like she does. I'm gettin' there. I. am. getting. there, praise His name!
This is what God used her to tell me this time from Get Out of That Pit:
"For satan to talk us into distrusting God and distancing ourselves from Him is to keep us broken, ineffective, and frankly, out of his hair. Life offers no few invitations to fall into this kind of distrust."
What I received was this:
In the moments when I am wondering what God is doing and where He is when I am hurting, those are the moments I need to stick to Him like glue through His Word, His promises, and through prayer. Only then can I avoid being "broken, ineffective, and out of satan's hair."
I don't know about you, but I think I'd rather be all up in his hair, making sure he doesn't forget Whose child I am, Whose Princess I've become. When I stand up fully to the height God has given me in Him, I can look down on that liar every. single. time. He CANNOT have me, and I am reminding myself of this truth right now:
"But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
'Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.'"
Now it is time for a short list of thanks, because that is why y'all came to visit today. Here's how God is choosing to fill up my tank:
1. Prayers in the dark of the morning: My precious DP has been diligent to pray protection over me the past two mornings, and I am so grateful for his covering of love.
2. Truth: Whether through His Word or the voice of His truth through an earthen vessel, He has chosen to speak it over me, and I have so needed to hear it.
3. Empowering Me: God used Dave Ramsey to help me remember something. I am promised many things from my Heavenly Father and no matter what the enemy tries to steal from me . . . I WILL NOT BE DENIED! I guess that's just good, old traditional "name it and claim it" kinda theology, but it works for me.
4. Rainy Days: Oh, blessed rain. How wonderful to see it, feel it, smell it. For the first time in more months than I can count, I had puddles in my back yard. Whoop, whoop!
5. Game Day: We've been working really hard the past couple of weeks. We've been especially trying to get some good studying done this week. Today was not a day for that. We played a board game after chores that took the entire afternoon and loved it.
6. Changed lives: God is moving here, and I am thrilled to have been there to see Him bring new believers into the family.
7. Calm: I need not strive. I need not wonder. I can be calm in the face of my circumstances and know my Father in Heaven has it all in His Hands. To Him be the glory!
If you made it all the way to the bottom of this very long post, Congrats to you!
Please know that, as always, I'd love to hear from you about how God is filling your tank. Leave me a comment, or a list in my comments, or take the button to your own site and share with all of us how you are thankful. Go here, here, here or here for other Thanks Tanks.