Thursday, October 25, 2007
Thursday Thanks Tank #78
Isn't it always pretty certain that when you try to make changes for the better that the enemy just wants to pounce on you and snarf up all your little steps in the right direction?

I've felt that way this week. I am in the midst of trying to do things differently in several areas of my life, and I feel like I've just been meeting resistance at every turn.

I guess in some way that should encourage me to press on, knowing I must be doing something right to have the enemy so riled up. Yet, the past two days haven't yielded a spirit of soaring or the energy to fight against the attacks I've been fielding. I've felt defeated. I've felt lonely. I've felt friendless. I've even felt far from God.

That is until last night when I began to process the following:

Along with many of you, I have been touched by the Lord numerous times via the words that sometimes spill forth from the lips of Beth Moore. When and if I ever grow up, I want to know Jesus more like she does. I'm gettin' there. I. am. getting. there, praise His name!

This is what God used her to tell me this time from Get Out of That Pit:

"For satan to talk us into distrusting God and distancing ourselves from Him is to keep us broken, ineffective, and frankly, out of his hair. Life offers no few invitations to fall into this kind of distrust."


What I received was this:

In the moments when I am wondering what God is doing and where He is when I am hurting, those are the moments I need to stick to Him like glue through His Word, His promises, and through prayer. Only then can I avoid being "broken, ineffective, and out of satan's hair."

I don't know about you, but I think I'd rather be all up in his hair, making sure he doesn't forget Whose child I am, Whose Princess I've become. When I stand up fully to the height God has given me in Him, I can look down on that liar every. single. time. He CANNOT have me, and I am reminding myself of this truth right now:

"But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
'Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.'"
Isaiah 43:1

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Now it is time for a short list of thanks, because that is why y'all came to visit today. Here's how God is choosing to fill up my tank:

1. Prayers in the dark of the morning: My precious DP has been diligent to pray protection over me the past two mornings, and I am so grateful for his covering of love.

2. Truth: Whether through His Word or the voice of His truth through an earthen vessel, He has chosen to speak it over me, and I have so needed to hear it.

3. Empowering Me: God used Dave Ramsey to help me remember something. I am promised many things from my Heavenly Father and no matter what the enemy tries to steal from me . . . I WILL NOT BE DENIED! I guess that's just good, old traditional "name it and claim it" kinda theology, but it works for me.

4. Rainy Days: Oh, blessed rain. How wonderful to see it, feel it, smell it. For the first time in more months than I can count, I had puddles in my back yard. Whoop, whoop!

5. Game Day: We've been working really hard the past couple of weeks. We've been especially trying to get some good studying done this week. Today was not a day for that. We played a board game after chores that took the entire afternoon and loved it.

6. Changed lives: God is moving here, and I am thrilled to have been there to see Him bring new believers into the family.

7. Calm: I need not strive. I need not wonder. I can be calm in the face of my circumstances and know my Father in Heaven has it all in His Hands. To Him be the glory!

If you made it all the way to the bottom of this very long post, Congrats to you!

Please know that, as always, I'd love to hear from you about how God is filling your tank. Leave me a comment, or a list in my comments, or take the button to your own site and share with all of us how you are thankful. Go here, here, here or here for other Thanks Tanks.

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 10/25/2007 12:01:00 AM  
  7 came and visited



7 Comments:
At Thursday, October 25, 2007 4:05:00 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I could have written the first part of your post, Peach so I really needed to read the second part. I rest calm now, in the assurance that He is there.

 
At Thursday, October 25, 2007 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

After re-reading my post fromthis morning, I decided that my "roller coaster" post is full of reasons to be thankful so I'm using that as my TTT this week! LOL

And, thank you for your consistent and sweet support! (((hugs)))

 
At Thursday, October 25, 2007 2:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, I've been feeling some resistance in my life lately too. Thanks for sharing!
God bless :)

 
At Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:03:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

Great post! I am also meeting some resistance in an area in my life....thanks for sharing all of this!

 
At Friday, October 26, 2007 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

This is totally what I needed to hear today!

 
At Friday, October 26, 2007 3:40:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing Peach. I have been in this same spot and know He is with me. Thanks for getting me to reflect and be thankful.

 
At Friday, October 26, 2007 5:16:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I know what you mean about feeling like you're defeated every step of the way when you're trying to move forward with good changes. This post is a blessing to me today.

Very nice list, Peach. And I love the photo of you and your friend, Jen, in your previous post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    The Simple Things
    Don't Forget! Fall Y'all Bloggy Giveaway
    Wordless Wednesday -- Friends for the Long Term
    30 Days of Thanksgiving
    Burning Up
    Tweaks and More . . .
    Wisdom for the Weekend
    Fearless Friday #20
    Thursday Thanks Tank #77
    Thursday Thanks Tank #76

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: