Yes, it is still Thursday, even on the East coast. So, I am going to try to keep my head upright and document the ways God has been filling my tank.
He must be keeping it filled, because I'm not doing a good job -- considering I've been up before 5:30 a.m. the past two days in a row. Anyone who knows me the least little bit knows I don't do mornings well. at. all. This Hobbit business is wearin' me out, girls.
On to the fillin' of the tank . . . Here's how He's choosing to do it:
1. He is sufficient for me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
2. He helps me focus on others rather than myself. Please pray for my new friend, Ginger. Her daddy, who is 71, just found out Monday he has a brain tumor and isn't expected to live long at all. The doctor expects he will need hospice care within the next couple of weeks.
3. He provides for my needs. We are trusting Him to take care of us as we don't know how it will all fall into place this month. He knows, and He is not worried in the least.
4. He gives me rest. (Matt. 11:28, NIV) I am so thankful to have no place to go tomorrow until show time at 8 pm. My duties in the makeup room are relieved as I prepare for and welcome my dear friend on Saturday.
5. He gives me wisdom. (James 1:5, NIV) Because of #4, I know I need to make this short and head off to dreamland. I am worn out, and I need the rest my Heavenly Father promises me.
I know it's too late for many of you to respond, so I hope you all had a thanks-filled day! If you like, head on over here, here or here for more Thursday Thanks Tanks.