I push and I push for weeks at a time, then my body just gives out and reminds me of the condition I try valiantly to ignore.
I have been trying to catch up by sleeping whenever I can get a rest, which means that Tuesday saw me in bed at 4:30 pm, back up for about 45 minutes to say "good night" to my family -- then back to bed until 6:30 am Wednesday.
Combine that with an internet snafu from Sunday until yesterday and you have heard not a peep from me since last week's Thanks Tank.
Without further rambling, here's the way God has chosen to fill my tank this week:
1. Visiting: I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with one of my dearest friends in the whole world. Jen and I have known one another since my days in Little Rock, and she was even kind enough to house me during the final 11 weeks before DP whisked me away to the altar. The woman was brave to share quarters with a stressed-out bride who spent many a day crying over the phone to a fiance who was way too far away during the whole engagement.
She left the three special guys in her life (her hubby and two boys) behind in the west and fully embraced life in the peachy household for a few days. We thoroughly enjoyed our time together and vowed to not let as much time pass before the next visit.
2. Small Town Fun: We took in the Chili Cook off, the Heritage Days Re-enactment, and several other outdoor activities over the weekend, while also finishing our run of The Hobbit. Quite a packed weekend!
3. Rest: How I have needed this, and I am so grateful God has provided it for me. I often feel guilty taking the time from my other chores to rest, but God, in His wisdom has helped me to see the benefits for all around me if I choose to rest when I need it.
4. Rain: We have so needed it, and I was so thrilled to hear the splash of wet tires on pavement as I awakened my girls early this morning. Thank you, Lord, for the refreshment this moisture brings to our parched and cracking land.
5. Computer Technicians: I am so glad there are folks like these that allow me to just sit down and type without any need to know how it all makes it out to you internets all over the world. It just does.
6. Quiet: Rare occurrence where I am right now, which makes it so much more appreciated when it does show up. I had a few moments of quiet the other day, and I find that is the time God chooses to whisper to me. I am listening, Lord!
7. Unexpected Treats: By Monday night I was plumb out of ideas for a nutritious dinner. My friend suggested an ice cream-driven meal. Creating sundaes of enormous proportions yielded squeals of laughter from those of all ages, and we over-indulged in an infrequent treat at our house.
8. Self-sufficient Children: Still rebounding from exhaustion and a dull headache, I was little help with lunch preparations yesterday. My children all stepped up and rose to the occasion, creating a healthy and delicious lunch without any assistance from me. Way to go!
9. Compliments: How wonderful it is to hear good words spoken over your children! I have gotten several positive reports lately, and it makes my soul sing in praise for what God is obviously doing in the lives of my three sweeties.
10. Trust: All is not perfect, but my trust in Him supercedes that which I cannot control. May I lean on Him throughout each storm that comes my way.
Ok, you know how this works. You can let me know how God is filling your tank here in my comments or take the cute button at the top to your site. Let me know if you've done your own list, and I'll come visit! If you like, head on over here, here or here for more Thursday Thanks Tanks.
Have a great thanks-filled day!