Monday, October 22, 2007
30 Days of Thanksgiving

Found this at Beth @ Life with Two Little Vikings via GiBee

Here's Beth's take on the background of the 30 Days of Thanksgiving:

Early last October, I made a list of 30 people in my life that I felt needed to know that my world is a little better because they are in it. I thought a list like that would be hard to create...and, actually, it was not.

I also made a little card in MS Publisher using Kari's button graphic explaining what I was doing and why. Then, starting October 24th, every day for thirty days I "snail mailed" or emailed someone on that list.
My online buddies. My pastors. My parents. My in-laws. The folks at my local Walgreen's pharmacy who put up with my wacky-weird questions when one of the Vikings is sick. The Vikings' pediatrician. My favorite lunch spot's staff. My mail carrier and newspaper delivery person. My favorite cashier at the grocery store whose line I always wait in no matter how long because she's so nice to the Vikings.

Who around you do you appreciate? Who makes a tough day a little easier to get through? Who silently takes care of small (or big) tasks around you? Who makes you smile and thankful they are part of your life? Wouldn't it be nice if they knew how you felt?

Leave a comment here if you'd like to participate. And, consider posting at your bloggy home about what you think you might do and/or who you might honor starting next Wednesday. Then, perhaps do a follow-up post after your Thanksgiving food coma subsides and tell the bloggy world how it went.
And, may the glory be His alone.

This is just so "up my alley"! I am so thrilled to take part in this year's challenge.
Here's mine:

I made a number of cards over the weekend, and I think they would be perfect for Thanksgiving and showing special gratitude to those I often overlook. So, over the next 30 days, I am going to make a diligent effort to make some more cards and drop them in the hands of unsuspecting folks -- hopefully allowing them to see how much I appreciate their presence in my life. I'll let you know how it goes.


Head on over to Beth's site. She has more details about how to participate and who started the whole thing last year. I'd love to hear about how God prompts you to show your thankfulness.

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 10/22/2007 03:08:00 PM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:12:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey, Peach - thanks for the nod. I appreciate it. I was afraid I was going to let Kari down and have no one participate since I have a much smaller "readership" than she does! LOL

 
At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous, fabulous idea! I love it and will be participating!! Love that you will be using your handmade cards...God knew in advance and had you get a head start on Saturday - how cool is that!?!

 
At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 4:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Peach! I think this is such a wonderful idea! I have decided to do something on my blog because you gave me such inspiration! You will have to check it http://sullinsfamily.wordpress.com/2007/10/23/inspiration/. I made sure to give you props too! Maybe you will get some good hits to your site and they will buy lots of great stuff! Thank you for leaving such great comments on my blog! You are always so encouraging and I really appreciate you! It always makes me smile when I get a message from you! Talk to you soon!
Amy

 
At Friday, October 26, 2007 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Liza on Maui said...

excellent idea - I will participate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Burning Up
    Tweaks and More . . .
    Wisdom for the Weekend
    Fearless Friday #20
    Thursday Thanks Tank #77
    Thursday Thanks Tank #76
    More Hobbit Shots
    "The Hobbit" . . . and Life Lessons
    Fearless Friday #19
    Thursday Thanks Tank #75

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: