Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Rodents Among Us . . . On Purpose



So, I've been a bit scarce lately out here in Blogland, but I do have good reasons. Two of them are right over there.

Yes, I have taken the plunge just like Shannon and willingly (maybe) invited rodents to live among us.

Libbyline is my animal lover. She adores anything with fur, four legs and a need of a vet. She has a tender heart and has longed for another pet ever since we had to give our black lab, Jazzie, away last spring.

In addition to Libbyline's love of all things animal, we also have Sweetcheeks who will not stand still for being left behind in any adventure that takes over our household.

Hence the reality of not one, but TWO rodents joining our family last night. We made our rounds at Target for bedding, food and a couple toys then made our pilgrimage over to the mecca of pet-dom, PetSmart.

Let me introduce you to the types of pets we got. We cannot actually get close enough to get such fabulous photos of our own hamsters yet, so I am relying on a couple of stock photos to give you a clear description of:

Ghirardelli (Delli, for short)-- Libbyline's black bear or Teddy bear Syrian hamster. He is currently snoozing and trying to get used to the idea of being someone's pet. The trip from the pet store to our house must have worn him clean out, because he's not real sociable today.

Snickers -- Sweetcheeks' Chinese dwarf hamster, who spent the entire night running miles and miles on his little hamster wheel. He gives a whole new meaning to this poem. So far, Snickers seems much better adjusted to his new habitat, and is friendlier overall. We are experiencing a little skittish behavior, but that is more frequent on the part of the new pet owners than the pets themselves.

Please pray for our transition as we get to know these little creatures and try to make them feel as welcome as is possible for a rodent. I'll pop in and out occasionally this week, but much of my time is going to be spent supervising the pet care and baking.

I must have 12 dozen of these done by Thursday, in addition to several other varieties that we only make at Christmas time. Oh, and I also need to buy pretzels, because I've got some real Ghirardelli's chocolate to make delicious treats out of them.

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 12/11/2007 10:26:00 AM  
  3 came and visited



3 Comments:
At Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:05:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I thought I was being brave taking in chickens. You and Shannon have beat me hands down! You both have my uttmost respect!!

The mice we have are the ones getting into the chicken coop and eating the chicken food! They are not coming any closer to my house without a fight... I guarantee it! :-)

Enjoy the new guys...

 
At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

Wow- that is impressive to me. I don't know about housing rodents. I am hoping that having a couple of dogs will be sufficient for my crew! Good luck with the new little ones. Oh, and have fun baking!!

 
At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

I have all I can do to feed and clothe my 2 children! seriously, your pets sound neat...I am not a pets person my self although my youngest daughter vows that she will have a dog when she is an adult. until know she has to be satisfied with her 3 aunts' dogs! Enjoy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Sunday Scripture
    Wordless Wednesday
    Thursday Thanks Tank #83 + Christmas Traditions
    Wordless Wednesday -- Round #1 Thanksgiving Shots
    Random All Around
    Thanksgiving Reflections . . . a Twist on the Tank
    Thankful
    PawPaw Talk
    Sunday Scripture
    Thursday Thanks Tank #81

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: