Monday, November 19, 2007
PawPaw Talk
This is sort of like My MIL says . . .

I very rarely talk to my FIL on the phone. We get along great, but he just doesn't like talking on the phone and conversations have become more and more difficult as his hearing has begun to fail. (the whole hearing aid issue will be saved for another post)

I got to start off my Monday with a call from my FIL. My MIL dials the phone, hands it to him, and it goes something like this:

PawPaw: Pam, (loudly) can you hear me ok up there? (everything is up when you're from South Louisiana)

Pam: Yes, sir. I can hear you just fine. How are y'all doing this morning?

PawPaw: Oh, good, good. We're doing good. Now, are you bringing your camera to our Thanksgiving trip?

Pam: Yes, sir.

PawPaw: Good, good. Now, I was wantin' to help you out with some film for that camera. Do ya' need some film?

Pam: No, sir. I have a digital camera. It doesn't take any film.

PawPaw: Hunh?!? What . . . how does it do? How will you get the pictures out of it so we can have some?

Pam: I can take the camera to Walgreen's while we are gone and get you some pictures made before you fly home on Saturday. Does that sound good?

PawPaw: (as he's still scratchin' his head over the whole film thing) Well, you go to wherever you need to go and get about $50.00 of pictures made for us and for you and DP, is that good? Can you get a few pictures made for that?

Pam: Oh, yes sir. I think we can get you some pictures made for that. Thank you SO much for even thinking about it. We'd be happy to have some pictures done for you. We are really looking forward to our trip later this week to see you.

PawPaw: (still reeling from the idea of all this technology existing totally beyond his scope of reference) Well, Pam, it was good, real good talkin' to you this morning. Here is your mother-in law.

I could almost hear his sigh of relief as he handed her the phone.

***Now, I just have to let y'all know this man is so precious to me. I hope I've not communicated any sarcasm or poking fun in a hurtful way by posting this conversation. I just got so tickled at his amazement with the changes out here in the everyday world that I take for granted.

Labels: , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 11/19/2007 02:43:00 PM  
  2 came and visited



2 Comments:
At Monday, November 19, 2007 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I heard no poking fun or sarcasm. Even I stand there shaking my head over some of the technology these days! I can totally relate to how he feels.

I'm glad to hear it wasn't intended to poke fun or be sarcastic... cause I would have to be standin' right there with him! :-)

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Rocks In My Dryer said...

Pam, I love this. When I drive my grandmother around town, my mini-van's automatic door opener nearly gives her fits every time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Sunday Scripture
    Thursday Thanks Tank #81
    30 Days of Thanksgiving Update
    I Am His
    Christmas Shopping Carnival
    Thank You All!
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday #22
    Thursday Thanks Tank #80
    Wordless Wednesday . . . Flowers from Daddy

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: