Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Random All Around
I'm still trying to catch up from the weekend, and it's Tuesday already.

I promised y'all pictures from our trip, and I haven't forgotten. I'll try to do that later today when I have extricated myself from the garland and Christmas lights that will be surrounding me today.

Having been out of town for Thanksgiving has put me days behind on my decorating. I've still got scarecrows sitting around my house, for goodness' sakes.

Having no real coherent thoughts to share, I figured it was time for a list of random things about me. Here are seven:

1. I cannot go to bed the night I return from a trip unless my entire toiletry bag is unpacked and my vanity is restored to its pre-trip order. I left the rest of the BIG suitcase until yesterday, but all my personal stuff must be in its rightful place before I can rest my head.

2. Once Friday after Thanksgiving hits, it must be Christmas music all the time for me. I adore Christmas music and must be playing it from the moment I wake until my iPod lulls me to sleep at night. I play Christmas music all year long, but non stop throughout the holidays. The soundtrack from Polar Express accompanies me this morning.

3. My heart has been filled almost painfully full with thoughts of adoption again. God has used numerous ways over the past three weeks to assure me that the longing He has put in my heart for another child is not in vain. His timing is perfect, and He will fulfill that longing when He chooses.

4. I adore Lindt chocolate truffles, but I rarely bite into them. I usually put them in my mouth and let them melt there. My favorites are the dark chocolate and the mint.

5. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the cranberry orange salad I always had growing up. I must have it at Thanksgiving or Christmas, or my holiday is not complete. I made some Saturday night for a potluck Sunday so I wouldn't miss out on the experience this year.

6. Ragg socks make me itch, even if they are made out of cotton. I love how they feel as slippers in the winter, so I put smooth cotton socks on inside of them and scuff away in my cool ragg socks from here.

7. I always sing "egg shell sees" when singing Angels We Have Heard on High. I learned it in second grade and have never been able to change it.

So there you have it. Seven oddities that make me who I am. If you just have nothing better to do, go here for 200 more : )

Labels: ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 11/27/2007 08:35:00 AM  
  4 came and visited



4 Comments:
At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I also listen to Christmas music from here on out. And when Angels We Have Heard comes on I'm another one that chimes in with "egg shells sees...". :-)

I have a question about your iPod. (I'm not very techno savy!!). Do you have a docking station for it to be able to listen at night?? If not, do you use earphones? How do you use it while you are sleeping?

We have been wondering if we could use something similar for our children to replace their CD/radio/tape players in their rooms... but not sure how that works at night. (Don't laugh... I already told you I am no techno!) :-)

I will be finishing my decorating today. I am not that far ahead of you!

 
At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:19:00 AM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

re #1 - I hear ya! It drives DaHubby NUTS that I have to at least put away our personal/vanity stuff before anything else! LOL

and re #2 LOL We've been listening to Cmas music via our windows media player since last Friday! And, a local station here drops all of its regular programming from T-giving 'til New Years and only plays Cmas music so that is on in the van! LOL

 
At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

I love Christmas music too and right now am enjoy Josh Groban's Christmas album.

So where can I find the recipe for this delicious cranberry orange salad? Sounds like something I would totally love.

I am now craving Lindt chocolates. They are a favorite around here.

 
At Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:59:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

I must be the odd woman out (as usual) I like the Christmas music in spurts, not in a constant stream. I've never heard the "egg shell see" bit, I'll have to listen to it when I'm in one of my spurt modes. And I can't hold those yummy Lindt's in my mouth. I'm a biter!

Hope your life is setting back into a routine now that you're home. I like the going away, but I love the coming home all the more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thanksgiving Reflections . . . a Twist on the Tank
    Thankful
    PawPaw Talk
    Sunday Scripture
    Thursday Thanks Tank #81
    30 Days of Thanksgiving Update
    I Am His
    Christmas Shopping Carnival
    Thank You All!
    Sunday Scripture

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: