Friday, November 23, 2007
Thanksgiving Reflections . . . a Twist on the Tank
I'm on our lap top, and I can't access my blog folder with my header in it. So, my thankfulness will be with a twist today.

We had a marvelous day here in the Music City.

We went to Opryland Hotel to wander around this morning with the older and younger generations. We took a boat ride through the Delta, and once my kids figured out no one was going to throw them to the resident catfish . . . they relaxed and had a good time.

I am oh so glad DP and I had gone on a date there last night, because after the boat ride . . . none of the older or younger generations had much patience for the sightseeing.

We headed on out for lunch, which was plan B after we scrapped trying to balance warmed up Thanksgiving dinner on Chinet in adjoining hotel rooms with at least one rambunctious 7-year-old racing through the halls yelling "room service!"

Plan B was delectable in every sense of the word. We went to the Hilton in downtown Nashville, were seated in an "overflow" room, which meant for us more privacy and less commotion, while still being able to hear the dinner music and not walk too far to fill our plates more times than I can count.

The buffets (all nine of them) were stocked full of every imaginable Thanksgiving-related food and so much more. There was a bar for just breakfast food, so JD Green ate a waffle, muffins, a danish, and strawberries galore.

I had all the traditional favorites, including honey roasted turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, and cranberry sauce. Add to that, asparagus, crispy bacon, and fresh fruit kabobs, and you'll have my first trip to the buffet just about complete.

In order to keep from compromising your image of me, I will not reveal how many more times I frequented the buffet after that first trip. Let's just say I tried every kind of chocolate covered strawberry represented, and I still had room for a pumpkin dessert as well.

After thoroughly sampling as much as humanly possible without needing assistance from a garden wheel barrow to get back to valet parking, we were on our way to relax and take a rest before the main event tonight.

We had the time of all great times tonight at the Rockettes performance at the Grand Ole Opry. When DP and I made these reservations online about six months ago, we clicked on "best seats" when it gave us seating options at ticketron.

Well, the best seats available were Row DD in section 4. We come to find out while looking at the seating chart, but after we clicked to accept these seats that lo and behold . . . these seats are front and center.

I meet up with my dear MIL in the gift shop after she'd found our seats.

I ask, "Is the view good from our seats?" Is there going to be anything in front of us?"

She replies, "Only the Rockettes!"

She was right. We were about 10 feet from all those kickers! It was fabulous, and we loved the whole show.

So, I am now snuggled in my hotel bed with my cozy jammies and my snoozing DP.

I have a mind whirling with lovely memories and a heart full of gratitude for all the blessings I have been given, both this Thanksgiving holiday and the whole year in general. God has been very, very good to me!

Looking forward to hearing about y'all's holidays and shopping stories soon.

Labels: , , ,


  Pam fearlessly posted at 11/23/2007 12:37:00 AM  
  11 came and visited



11 Comments:
At Friday, November 23, 2007 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a wonderful time it sounds like you are having!! I'm so glad!

Happy Thanksgiving friend!!

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds perfect, Pam. What a wonderful timwe for all of you! Enjoy the rest of your time there.

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

So glad you are having a wonderful time Pam. Enjoy it.

Happy Thanksgiving

blessings

 
At Saturday, November 24, 2007 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What an awesome getway! Don't you love the Rockettes! I am so glad ya'll are having a wonderful time!

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:03:00 AM, Blogger someone else said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful family time together. What a huge blessing!

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Jane Anne said...

It sounds like you had an awesome time! The chocolate covered strawberries got my attention...so yummy. The Opryland Hotel is amazing! Just thinking about it makes me miss TN. It is so beautifully decorated for Christmas each year. I am so glad you had a good time!

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007 7:44:00 PM, Blogger Mom of Eleven said...

I took several of my "tiny dancers" to see the Rockettes a few years ago at the Fox in Atlanta. What a show. I secretly would love to be one of those fancy kickers, but I am not tall enough!! We watched them in the parade on Sunday and whew what a show. I told my S that maybe she will be tall enough to be one one day!! ( we do live vicariously through our children, I guess) Happy Thanksgiving

 
At Monday, November 26, 2007 12:36:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!

 
At Monday, November 26, 2007 3:47:00 PM, Blogger Faith said...

Your trip sounds fantastic! Blessings to you!

 
At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Barb said...

This sounds like a little slice of heaven to me, Pam. What a wonderful trip.

And nine buffets? Nine? I'd be in serious trouble! LOL

 
At Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:02:00 AM, Blogger Shalee said...

Oh, this was a blessing indeed! Can I be a part of your family the next time you do something like that? I can be your sister or something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Pam


I'm a lover of Jesus, lover of my DP (Darling Prince), and lover of my three blessings: Libbyline(12), Sweetcheeks(9), and John Deere Green(8). I am daily discovering the truth that "only perfect love casts out fear." Come along with me as I post my heart fearlessly.

My Complete Profile


AddThis Feed Button


Kindred Spirits




Places I Visit Fearlessly


  • FamilyLife
  • Focus on the Family
  • Proverbs 31 Ministries
  • Shaohannah's Hope
  • Creating Keepsakes
  • Creative Memories
  • Stampin' Up!

  • Around Blogland
    < SAHM Bloggers >
    Powered by RingSurf



    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring

    Join | List | Random


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    I'm On Board

    Ugandabanner

    braincancerbutton.png
    Photobucket
    Nugget of the Day

    I Said it Fearlessly
    Thankful
    PawPaw Talk
    Sunday Scripture
    Thursday Thanks Tank #81
    30 Days of Thanksgiving Update
    I Am His
    Christmas Shopping Carnival
    Thank You All!
    Sunday Scripture
    Fearless Friday #22

    That's Behind Me Now
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Image from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Site Meter: